Suggestions for best electrical facials, without breaking the bank?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cornwall Beauty 1

Reaction score
Help, best affordable electrical facial machines??

Old fashioned galvanic and high frequency? Bt Nano? Microdermabrasion? What have you felt is good and best for your business, thanks in advance

I would start asking questions to your clients, do a basic "would you be interested in having a more advanced facial provided by me?"

How much time in your working week have you got for your facials? Some need 2-3 per week for a course of 10/12 sessions.

Look at the age of those you wish to target - Anti-ageing facials can be peel based and electrical.

I don't offer peel based facials, as my clients were more than happy with my aromatherapy based facials for many years. Business was beginning to decline because I have a lot of oldies....been with me for over 30 years some of them from my salon days. Ageing/illness etc saw them stop coming.

Like you are thinking I decided to go for an electrical facial and chose micro-current.

I did want the Bt nano ,but with only a handful of clients wanting my advanced facials it was too much of a risk. I wanted one second hand. Looked into Guinot , and again they were too pricey.
My machine is "Weelko" a Spanish brand that some colleges choose to use in their salons. Not too fancy, and a good price.

I also had a small galvanic machine that came out of storage and I combine the two. or use independently.
I upgraded my skincare for my "Advanced Facials" menu ....it was going very well, bought loads more skin care in the jan /feb promotions and then the "C" word struck.
So the pause button on facials is on hold until the government tell us it's ok to provide.

I can't wait to get to do my regulars again. However my re start will be to get their feet looking gorgeous again, remove body hair, tidy the eyebrow mess, and then nails. However I don't want to be knackered after my first week and miss my lockdown life. Ppe all day will be something I am not going to like, takes the pleasure out of the job.

After that it will be a gradual facial re introduction. I had just bought some new Ampoules to use with my micro-current so will use the "I have got something new to add to your facial when I re start them " So that it keeps them intrigued and they have something to look forward to.

There are 2 clients on courses that have paid up and I owe them a couple of facials each. So they will get the first appointments I can do if health permits.

Hope that helps

Rosie

I would start asking questions to your clients, do a basic "would you be interested in having a more advanced facial provided by me?"

How much time in your working week have you got for your facials? Some need 2-3 per week for a course of 10/12 sessions.

Look at the age of those you wish to target - Anti-ageing facials can be peel based and electrical.

I don't offer peel based facials, as my clients were more than happy with my aromatherapy based facials for many years. Business was beginning to decline because I have a lot of oldies....been with me for over 30 years some of them from my salon days. Ageing/illness etc saw them stop coming.

Like you are thinking I decided to go for an electrical facial and chose micro-current.

I did want the Bt nano ,but with only a handful of clients wanting my advanced facials it was too much of a risk. I wanted one second hand. Looked into Guinot , and again they were too pricey.
My machine is "Weelko" a Spanish brand that some colleges choose to use in their salons. Not too fancy, and a good price.

I also had a small galvanic machine that came out of storage and I combine the two. or use independently.
I upgraded my skincare for my "Advanced Facials" menu ....it was going very well, bought loads more skin care in the jan /feb promotions and then the "C" word struck.
So the pause button on facials is on hold until the government tell us it's ok to provide.

I can't wait to get to do my regulars again. However my re start will be to get their feet looking gorgeous again, remove body hair, tidy the eyebrow mess, and then nails. However I don't want to be knackered after my first week and miss my lockdown life. Ppe all day will be something I am not going to like, takes the pleasure out of the job.

After that it will be a gradual facial re introduction. I had just bought some new Ampoules to use with my micro-current so will use the "I have got something new to add to your facial when I re start them " So that it keeps them intrigued and they have something to look forward to.

There are 2 clients on courses that have paid up and I owe them a couple of facials each. So they will get the first appointments I can do if health permits.

Hope that helps

Rosie

Hey!

Thank you so much for your reply! Very helpful and very informative!
I have being using a steamer in my facials but the skincare brand are discontinuing this as spitting as well as the dreaded Covid.
I used to use Guinot many years ago and loved the cathiodermie which I why I'm leaning towards getting a galvanic and high frequency machine.
Most of my clients all want anti ageing which then made me think of the Bt Nano, plus my rep recommended it. I offer a facial peel but not all my clients like it. They want to feel like they've had something done but also feel relaxed to. If I'm honest my clients aren't to bothered to what I do as they love the facials that I already do I just feel I want to change it up, add something different but good and effective as well as not hugely expensive
Xx

Hi again,
Oh yes I had read that moisture generating could be disallowed. Spitting from the steamer I remember very well being a problem in my college days. Many moons ago!

My clients needed anti ageing to improve skin tone and to provide a gentle face lift using micro-current. The general skin programme to stimulate collagen/elastin production. Then switch to the face lifting mode.
I also wanted the benefits of galvanic too for moisture infusion with ampoules and serums completing the treatment. My budget was very low as I had a handful of definite interested clients, and it was based on that why I could not afford BT nano, Guinot nor Silhouette ( sorry I forgot to mention this one)

I made a facial based on the client. Some have pure galvanic and others have micro-current, and I was happy with how they were going.

If you get the familiar galvanic/high frequency, you can always up grade to an alternative at a later date.

One of my clients that absolutely loved my french facial actually admitted to me that although she adored the manual massage she would put my galvanic facial as her go to facial because she really could feel the massive difference it made to her skin. I never expected her to admit it as she was so much into saying " if it's not broken there is no need to fix it!"

Most of your clients will love what you do as they trust your decision, so be brave and start looking for your new machine.

Good luck.

Hi again,
Oh yes I had read that moisture generating could be disallowed. Spitting from the steamer I remember very well being a problem in my college days. Many moons ago!

My clients needed anti ageing to improve skin tone and to provide a gentle face lift using micro-current. The general skin programme to stimulate collagen/elastin production. Then switch to the face lifting mode.
I also wanted the benefits of galvanic too for moisture infusion with ampoules and serums completing the treatment. My budget was very low as I had a handful of definite interested clients, and it was based on that why I could not afford BT nano, Guinot nor Silhouette ( sorry I forgot to mention this one)

I made a facial based on the client. Some have pure galvanic and others have micro-current, and I was happy with how they were going.

If you get the familiar galvanic/high frequency, you can always up grade to an alternative at a later date.

One of my clients that absolutely loved my french facial actually admitted to me that although she adored the manual massage she would put my galvanic facial as her go to facial because she really could feel the massive difference it made to her skin. I never expected her to admit it as she was so much into saying " if it's not broken there is no need to fix it!"

Most of your clients will love what you do as they trust your decision, so be brave and start looking for your new machine.

Good luck.

So do you have two machines now, one galvanic and one micro current? May I ask you what serums, ampules you use?
Thank you so much for your advice it's much appreciated. I've been in thr industry for 25 years and self employed for 8. I also have the older clients as well as some young, the young clients mainly have waxing bad nails. I just feel there is so much out there and wanted thoughts on what people were using so thank you xx

Yes I have two.
An old galvanic machine - I use Kaeso and Hive galvanic gel...whichever I choose for the client.
Usually collagen and rose based for anti-ageing and redness prevention.
Hive collagen ampoules or caviar ampoules
Le club des proffessionels mixed ampoules. Got a mixed assortment of azulene, collagen, vitamin c, raspberry, hyaluronic acid, oxygenating care bought just before lock down so I haven't been able to use them yet.

As for the microcurrent I prefer Skin Truth micro current collagen gel to any others. It is not sticky and is good to work with.

That said I use a dipping essence from "Payot Paris" The hydra 24+ . It has many hydrating properties and is so nice to re-apply during the facial with the cotton bud probes because the skin absorbs such a lot of products.

My serums are from "Payot" The entry point serum is "My Payot" but my favourite is " Blue Technii liss." Personal preference on serums really.
There are many others that you can get from the wholesalers to start with. Kaeso are an excellent brand as I use it for my lower priced facials. However I needed to start with a more premium skincare range to use and retail as part of my new facial journey.

I have completely made up my own facial menu as I don't have the clients, nor the budget for a package from the big names.

Clearly with your experience and clients' trust you will go on to develop your own facial menu. I call them my "Advanced Facials " on my price list.
Good luck , Pm me if you need to.

Hi, please can you give me the name of your dipping essence? is it the plumping priming infusion, in a blue bottle?

Yes that's the one.

Latest posts

Back