Suggestions on colour removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoey92

Reaction score
Right guys ive had a client came in (new)
Id like to hear you'r suggestions how you'd go about this....
Base colour 4.0...but shes been home colouring her hair black ( yes i know we all hate that) for many years.

She's came to me today asking for it lightened all over, her words were "anything i just want to be away from black I'm very open to ideas" so i proceeded to showing her the shade chart, to which she picked out just a base 6.
Eventually she'd like balayage but I've told her to focus on changing her all over colour first.

I'm always confident in all aspects of my job....but whenever this crops up the dreadd serial home colour black i always get flustered.

Suggestions & advice please would all be appreciated.
I'v got the client coming back tomorrow so i can have a thorough consultation with her.

Maybe start with a test cutting? I’d normally use a colour reducer to remove the build up of colour and go from there. Bear in mind that clients will reapply colour all over rather than just doing roots so the condition of the hair could be compromised.
Assuming that the client has been using box dyes as a money saving option they might not be willing to pay a realistic price for a colour correction so during the consultation, be careful to manage their expectations.
For instance, I usually point out that whilst a colour correction using a reducer is more time consuming and more expensive initially, they will leave looking fabulous compared to the lightening with bleach over several sessions and having to live with bronde hair during the intervening period plus the costs of say 3 bleach highlights appts. will still add up.

Right guys ive had a client came in (new)
Id like to hear you'r suggestions how you'd go about this....
Base colour 4.0...but shes been home colouring her hair black ( yes i know we all hate that) for many years.

She's came to me today asking for it lightened all over, her words were "anything i just want to be away from black I'm very open to ideas" so i proceeded to showing her the shade chart, to which she picked out just a base 6.
Eventually she'd like balayage but I've told her to focus on changing her all over colour first.

I'm always confident in all aspects of my job....but whenever this crops up the dreadd serial home colour black i always get flustered.

Suggestions & advice please would all be appreciated.
I'v got the client coming back tomorrow so i can have a thorough consultation with her.
Hi Hun. I had a lady with the same as you have described. I used nxt colour stripper. I had to do this s couple of times. I then applied goldwell 6n and 6go. I’ll post before and after pic x

Attachments

• BFECECD8-E664-4E19-A67F-67D971E91BDB.jpeg
    BFECECD8-E664-4E19-A67F-67D971E91BDB.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 26
Thank you to you both i will take this all on board. Its nice to ask advice with out being judged ☺

Latest posts

Back