Suggestions on colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackie16

Reaction score
So i was warned i would eventually get a taylor swift related hair question.

I have a new client who is looking for this shade of hair. her currently shes a 10 with gold brassy areas yet ashy white areas aswell, honestly it just screams box dye from afar, i'm trying to get her a more natural colour to compliment her fair skin tone but shes given me good old taylor. Now the reason why shes come to me rather than boxes is she said she can't find the right colour(clearly after trying every other colour :L)i was thinking to try a malibuc remover to see if that takes out any recent build up or a bleach bath. Her hair is surprisingly in good condition. Natural base 7

I use wella typically and was looking for suggestions i've been dying to finally use Illumina as all i've heard are good things. other than that i was thinking 9/16- but fear it coming out too ashy(i think it'll be easy to make her look washed out on the flip side the gold tones are having the same effect) or a colour i have used a while back from loreal was dialight 9.02

Any second opinions? :)

Attachments

• Taylor_Swift_VMAs_2012.jpg
    Taylor_Swift_VMAs_2012.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 70
Not sure if this helps at all but I actually remember reading a few months back that Taylor's colour was 9.1 in Loreal INOA

Not sure if this helps at all but I actually remember reading a few months back that Taylor's colour was 9.1 in Loreal INOA
oo fab i just had my violet vision on, but the second photo she sent me says more violet to me, could just be me!
tumblr_md70wyIgmb1rvku12o1_500.png

I don't want to go to the other end of the spectrum and make her look too washed out as shes so fair, im thinking try 9,1 mix it with a neutral 9 to tone down some of the harsh ash. Depending on how we go about removing build up. Roots then blend through. I've never had someone this fair so i think any strong toned colours will definitely look more dramatic on her, which isn't always a bad thing but shes aiming for natural.
Thoughts?

Look how fair taylor is though, fair skin suites ash, provided the skins cool toned.

Look how fair taylor is though, fair skin suites ash, provided the skins cool toned.
oh yeah of course, she showed me a photo from a box dye job last year that turned her hair completely grey so as soon as i say ash to her i see that look of i hear you but all i'm thinking is grey :rolleyes:

Need a restock this afternoon so i'll give INOA a shot. Seeing her next week so need to see how the hairs holding up and hopefully can give her her Swiftie hair!

I don't think taylors looks that ashy in the first picture anyway i think her hair is fairly neutral if not gold in the first picture.

Latest posts

Back