Suggestions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamtina22

Reaction score
My client is currently the colour in the first pic I did 6-0 and 7-4 on the roots and balayaged with blond me bleach and 7 vol then toned with 8-4

She says it's too warm and wants something like the second picture but she's worried that she doesn't want to be too dark
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454317676.791637.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454317688.504382.jpg

I was thinking 6-1 with 10vol on the top section and blond me and 7vol on the ends and toned with 10-1? I use schwarzkopf igora royal.

I was wondering if I was on the right track and also would I need a middle section colour? And what's the easiest way to apply this as I would rather do both applications at the same time rather than developing roots first etc.

Thankyou :)

You need a heavier balayage in the middle section than you currently have.

I always hate looking at pictures on my phone. It distorts the colours. The middle looks like it almost has a chocolate-y tone to it?!

I'd be inclined to do a wet colour melt. So maybe go a shade darker at root as it's more subtle...

I don't use blondeme or schwarzkopf so can't comment on the colour choices really. And I'm not sure who uses them either

@cams97 might be able to help, he's one of my colour Gods on here!

I'd balayage it all first, get it nice and light then as @Grace_Hair said melt it wet applying the darker shade at the root, i wouldn't use 6-1 over prelightened hair though and 9,5-1 would be nice on the ends i think.

@Grace_Hair [emoji15] thanks

Thankyou .. I havnt done a wet colour melt before do I still process the same just on wet hair ?? [emoji4]

Thankyou .. I havnt done a wet colour melt before do I still process the same just on wet hair ?? [emoji4]

Yeah same development time x

Ok thanks so I would balayage with blond me and 2% then rinse off do the roots and smudge them down through middle section and then tone the ends ? What colour would you suggest for the roots?

What about 6-65 (love this shade) add a little 0-11 to the mix. I've never done a wet melt either, does it give you a different result wet?

What about 6-65 (love this shade) add a little 0-11 to the mix. I've never done a wet melt either, does it give you a different result wet?

Its just a lot more blended and easier to apply.

I mostly like to do it when i've took someone quite light and just want to soften the root a bit.

I love 6-65 but she doesn't want any warmth at all she says her current root colour is orange :p

I love 6-65 but she doesn't want any warmth at all she says her current root colour is orange :p

But remember you're darkening over lightened hair so some warmth will be absorbed.

Add a little E-1 instead of 0-11.

Thankyou .. What does e-1 do?

E-1 will cool a colour down, but be careful as it will darken it too if you add too much.

Ok great thankyou

Its just a lot more blended and easier to apply.

I mostly like to do it when i've took someone quite light and just want to soften the root a bit.
I did my first "wet melt" today, I was quite pleased with the result.
Do you normally use a quasi?

I did my first "wet melt" today, I was quite pleased with the result.
Do you normally use a quasi?

Yay! Yep i usually use colour touch because its just so 'juicy' illumina is nice to use too.

Ive done a couple of wet melts on my client. The top looks beautiful (if I do say so myself).

But the underneath has an obvious demarcation line (from previous hilights). First i figured it was me, bad application or not timed correctly. Then second time I was really thorough and knew it wasn't me but colour choice. Thinking to go a shade darker. Best way to sort this?

Yeah I used vibrance for it, just creates a nice shadow doesn't it! I felt like it took forever tho, as I did babylights, balayage, wet melt, toned the ends and Olaplex and ran late [emoji19].

Ive done a couple of wet melts on my client. The top looks beautiful (if I do say so myself).

But the underneath has an obvious demarcation line (from previous hilights). First i figured it was me, bad application or not timed correctly. Then second time I was really thorough and knew it wasn't me but colour choice. Thinking to go a shade darker. Best way to sort this?

Do you start in the front?

Latest posts

Back