Suitable for Vegans and Veggies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogacat

Reaction score
I had a chat with a friend of mine about how frustrating it is for her to find cosmetics which were suitable for vegans, and it got me thinking about what i use in my services...
I'd like to be able to provide vegan options for clients who request it, and inform clients of which products contain which ingredients (for example, beeswax, lanolin, honey, collagen, animal-derived AHAs etc), and if they are tested on animals.
As I think i will be buying some Creative at the next trade fair (the London Excell one) i thought i'd ask here..
Could anyone tell me which Creative products are/are not suitable for these groups?

Any information on other companies, such as Su-do etc?

Many thanks for your help.

Totally suitable!

None of Creative's products are tested on animals and none contain any animal by products.

Often shimmery nail enamels contain fish scales .. Creative's do not.

Gosh, no animal, insect or fish based derivatives at all? I must say i'm surprised! I borrowed a book - "Animal Free Shopper" and it lists soo many things that are not vegan some of which i've never even heard of.
Would Creative be able to, say, email me confirming that so i could show that to clients? (if i said pretty please? ;P )

If you would like to email them direct please feel free.

That's something i have never even thought about, wether a product i use is Veggie friendly. I suppose i assumed that products nowadays, are virtually always animal friendly, but never thought about the ingredients.

Its very interesting about the chemistry that's used to get a nail varnish etc that we are happy to use, like Creative being Thixotropic. (thins when you shake it)

Food for thought.

Thanks Geeg for your help :)
I think at some point i might have to invest in Doug's book to better understand the chemistry behind it all. I didn't realise (until recently) that you can easily buy that. I'm quite into understanding things in depth, so i think it'd be interesting.
Yes, TT, i hadn't really thought about it before talking to that freind about it - even if you just know what has what in it at least you can tell people and substitute if you know, rather than not having a clue (like i did until recently!) :rolleyes:

hi does anyone know if star nails polishes and manicure items have been tested on animals???

yogacat said:
Thanks Geeg for your help :)
I think at some point i might have to invest in Doug's book to better understand the chemistry behind it all. I didn't realise (until recently) that you can easily buy that. I'm quite into understanding things in depth, so i think it'd be interesting.
Yes, TT, i hadn't really thought about it before talking to that freind about it - even if you just know what has what in it at least you can tell people and substitute if you know, rather than not having a clue (like i did until recently!) :rolleyes:
Doug Schoons book ISBN 1-56253-266-9 it is a must have Yogacat..........
I read mine all the time, it is so easy to understand and makes me do my job just that little bit better and easier to understand why, when someting doesn't do what I think it should do..........

Latest posts

Back