Sukar Sugar Paste

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baselrod

Reaction score
I have just taken delivery of a few tubs of this paste. It says its the original hand sugaring paste - but the tub says it has to be at 40 degrees to use. Having never used sugaring before I wonder if anyone can advise me on how I go about it?

I bought the paste primarily for my mother-in-law as she doesn't like having her face waxed and says she used to sugar many years ago - applying by hand , no strips involved, so i've ordered this on the presumption that this is what she is referring to? I don't want to present her with my find if it is the wrong thing altogether?

No i need to get a digital wax heater to heat to the correct temp at 40 degrees?

Any help gratefully received.x.:confused:

I have used sugar paste before, without srtips etc, the way I had used it was using one or two fingers, and applyin similar to other waxins, in same direction as hairgrowth, you never leave contact with it though, and your fingers alway stay attatched to it, you flick it upwards removing I suppose similar to hot wax, this is all at room temp. You can use it as a strip wax with paper, and it would probably thin down when heated so you could apply with a spatula, and then apply a strip to remove.

I am by no means an expert and have only a small amount of experience using it, am sure other geeks will be along with more help x

Ohh thanks - so you just dig into the tub and gouge it out? It seems very tacky/sticky. I watched a video on Utube and somebody applied oil to their fingers before rolling around in the palm of the hand? Wasn't sure if oil would spoil the paste?

So I don't heat it up then?

Thanks for your response :)

Ok, so I used to be a sukar girl and there are 3 types of sukar sugar paste. Strip sugar used to be in a white tub with pink/black labelling and the hand sugar (two types - one harder than the other) both were in white tubs but just black labelling. If you have the latter then you just put your fingers in (clean ones of course) and scoop out a little paste.

If you haven't been trained in hand sugaring then you won't find it easy I am afraid.

You need to make sure the skin has been lightly talced first

This is the white tub with the black writing - I'll give it a go - and when I get in a mess I will just kindly gift it all to my mother-in-law!

I would like to point out I'm not planning on using this on my clients - it was purely for my mother-in-law as she has been after this for years - but then I thought I might try it on my facial hair - IF i can get it out of the tub I'll try on my legs first!

Wish me luck! :)

if it is the harder of the two hand pastes then you will need to warm it slightly as it is solid as a rock and you will break your fingers trying to get in it lol.

Hy

I would like to start a sugaring training. Which brands are the best? Are here any girls that have tried different brands?

Thank you

i don't udnerstand, in our country every salon aplies sugar paste in opposite direction of haig growth and pull in the direction of growth.

Why did i read that at Sukar they teach you differently?i dont understand..:rolleyes:

(excuse my english)

i don't udnerstand, in our country every salon aplies sugar paste in opposite direction of haig growth and pull in the direction of growth.

Why did i read that at Sukar they teach you differently?i dont understand..:rolleyes:

(excuse my english)
I have seen it done both ways. I do it against and remove with the hair direction and have lovely results :) practice is very important as when I first started training I used to get tiny bruises! I don't now and it's a bit of an obsession...I would happily just drag people in off the street just so I can do it haha! Good luck :)

I have seen it done both ways. I do it against and remove with the hair direction and have lovely results :) practice is very important as when I first started training I used to get tiny bruises! I don't now and it's a bit of an obsession...I would happily just drag people in off the street just so I can do it haha! Good luck :)

Just so you know this thread was created in 2011, and the quoted poster has been absent from the site since then.

Just so you know this thread was created in 2011, and the quoted poster has been absent from the site since then.
Thank you...I didn't notice until afterwards...rookie mistake!

Latest posts

Back