Sulfate and silicone free shampoo recommendations desperately needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just looked up Liz Earle shampoo, is that any good?

That's what I looked up before and one of the ingredients didn't suit as although it is mild it's still an irritant :( x

Wow Carly, sorry to hear you've had such a tough time with your hair! I know this is a very long time ago... Did you make any progress?!

I have very difficult hair, although I don't have sensitivity issues but I can recommend (if you get this)! Philip Kingsley range. He is a trichologist and really does not sell rubbish. It's only a small range of products and most of them don't contain many ingredients but makes my hair feel truly healthy. He has a shampoo called no scent no colour for allergic scalp types, as well as another called flaky itchy scalp.

Here is a link so you can have a read but marks and Spencer's sell small sizes so you can try them out.
http://www.philipkingsley.co.uk/philip-kingsley-no-scent-no-colour-shampoo.html

If I had to recommend two more ranges, i would say living proof as they are extremely natural and contain no sulphates or silicones. Secondly, pureology.

Hope you get this, I think Philip.k is the way to go for you if you haven't already!

I spent almost my entire life thinking I just had acne, it was my skin and there was little I could do about it. I used prescribed creams but refused roaccutane due to the side effects. One day I couldn't get hold of my favourite face cleanser anymore so I asked on makeupalley if anyone knew of a suitable replacement as it was the only thing that seemed to clear up my skin. Some kind soul read through the ingredients list and figured out the reason it was the only thing that ever worked was because it didn't contain sulfates! This was a revelation to me! Now it's relatively easy to go sulfate free on my face, I can remove makeup with coconut oil or something and ATM I am actually using just water with a konjac sponge or a use a gentle scrub by the brand good things. I still have acne and use prescribed topical creams for it, but it is finally in check and I have generally good skin on my face.

My body on the other hand is a nightmare. It's far more reactive than my face. When I used to wear my nails extremely square without rounding the corners, I'd wake up covered in bloody scratches. I wake myself up in the night scratching. The acne products often irritate my skin too. I have to go on the sunbed frequently which generally helps. Washing my skin is a nightmare. Everything irritates it or dries it out and I can hardly wash my body with an oil as I wouldn't feel clean. I've had a serious breakout this week from what I sadly believe is a new body moisturiser I got at Olympia. My shoulders are bad and my chest is a ruined mess. I've got almost no tops with a high enough neckline to cover it so if I go out I have to pile the make up on my chest which antagonises it further.

I've just not washed my hair since saturday before last and I keep it up almost constantly. I'm getting sick of it. I find stuff that doesn't irritate my body but it leaves my hair looking dreadful.

Sorry for the rant. I'm currently in bed, itching and scratching like mad and having a pity party!

My hubbie actually mentioned making my own shampoo so gonna check that out. Thanks so much xx

And for skin maybe try Pharmagel. I have seen a client with skin that reacts insanely red over everything and was able to.use this range. It's pharmaceutical, plant based.

Not to sure if this helps but this range is a vegan shampoo and conditioner they sell in Sally's.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 19
Not to sure if this helps but this range is a vegan shampoo and conditioner they sell in Sally's.
Can't see which brand this is. Is it a Maria Nila one? I like their stuff but recently found out contains silicones so had to ditch :/

Latest posts

Back