Summer toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joannesnails

Reaction score
Hi geeks, just a question of interest, around summer time what do you find is more popular
a) a general pedi (just plain polish)
b)a general pedi with nail art (if so what nail art)
c)gel toes

Also do you offer a summer package?

I would say summer would be Gel toes for me. x:hug:

I don't offer pedicures...just Treats for Toes and I do mainly gel NNO....95% of the time I get asked for french with a bit of bling.

I've seen the hollywood toes and I want them for my holiday....:green:....I would defo say gel toes.....I would like to learn how to do them too!....:)

what are gel toes?

what are gel toes?

Its where you use gel and overlay the natural toe nails for a long lasting coating....the same as you would finger nails...x

it depends really i do alot of bright colours on toes in the summer maybe with a little flower or something in the corner if they want a bit of fancy on. If they want a french though they nearly always go for the gel it just lasts so much longer, and it's great 4 holidays! :)

Gel toes for me.

From the end of March I am wearing them, french with some crystals, and I work in bare feet. When I open the door to clients in my bling flip flops they always spot them.

I made a lot of money from them last year:)

Hi geeks, just a question of interest, around summer time what do you find is more popular
c)gel toes

I think that it depend on your demographic and what type of client your are trying to attract

to answer if I off special of course I do pedicure special mani pedi special and nail art special as well

Summer for me brings clients that always want a Spa Pedicure and Gel Toes. They will then come back for a normal pedicure. At the end of the 'nice' weather they have the Gel removed and a french instead with enamel!

I do have 2 clients that prefer L&P on their toes though, they prefer the feel!

It is also generally a french look with a bit of sparkle!

A 'General Pedi' is completely different from 'a file and polish' on toes......

I dont personally deal with feet - but my most popular service for toes is french gel overlay, clients love it and it lasts aages! :)

I do loads of pedicures with nail art in summer hth

No pedis for me, ta very much lol, I don't mind the top of the feet, it's underneath I'm not so fond of :eek::rolleyes::lol:

I offer French gel toes in the summer and they are really popular

what are hollywood toes?!?!:confused:

French effect gel toes, I think NSI called them this

People tend to want the full works really - i.e. pedicure and polish or pedicure and gel.

The majority of us dont pay much attention to our feet during the cold months, but when it gets warm and we want to wear flip flops, then is when we want hard skin removed, nails filed and polished, with a bit of bling sometimes!:)

Stock up on some nice bright colour polishes for people who want holiday toe nails. Reds, pinks etc.

French toes are great too and as you know, you would charge extra for these. Some clients like the clean look of french manicures on their toes.

If you do use gel (I havent checked your profile) it's a great time to sell gel nails, they last for approx 6 weeks.

HTHs

I personally love gel toes, i wear them all year round!

So far i've not had this situation, but if you have a client booked in for gel toes and a pedicure, which would you do first?

c)gel toes

We do gel toes all year (it's a bit different over here ppl wear open toed shoes all year round)

We do all sorts of nail art with the gel though, glitter, crystals, two toned checkered, the world is your oyster.

We offer a deluxe pedi (parafin) with gel toes as a package and it goes down a treat.

I tried to upload some pics but it wouldnt work :irked:

HTH

I personally love gel toes, i wear them all year round!

So far i've not had this situation, but if you have a client booked in for gel toes and a pedicure, which would you do first?

I always do pedicure first then gel toes as then the nails and skin are in good condition before you start the gel nno and you just need to buff then begin your gel application as the cuticle and petregyium removal has already been done.
I love the look of gel toes and with the coloured gels they look fantastic and last so long with out chipping like you get with nail polish!

We do gel toes all year (it's a bit different over here ppl wear open toed shoes all year round)

We do all sorts of nail art with the gel though, glitter, crystals, two toned checkered, the world is your oyster.

We offer a deluxe pedi (parafin) with gel toes as a package and it goes down a treat.

I tried to upload some pics but it wouldnt work :irked:

HTH

Oohh some pics would be nice to see...Everyone:green:
I looked on the geek gallery plenty of times some lovely nail art designs on there ...You all do a fab job :hug:

Latest posts

Back