Sun Bed Nail Tech's Lifting Problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky

Southern Geek
Reaction score
I have a friend that works in a Sun Bed shop and she is having a bad time with lifting. I had her come over to me and we'v gone through prep, ratio amd application, she seemed to be doin everything i do and what we were taught. I had a txt from her and she lost it complietly, so i went there this morning to try and help. I prep the nail and started the application, well i couldnt believe how dry the bead went in seconds. I placed one bead and it was so hard to move it just dryed straight away..!

So to all you nail tech's that have or are working in a tanning shop how do you cope with this..!! I said that she needs to work wetter but the temp is so up and down in there it would drive me mad too.

Many thanks

Hi, whats the ventilation like? perhaps she could move nearer to a window or something, i find when it gets really hot from the sunbeds i try to open a window or door and lower the room temp, its really hard though cos if temp drops quickly you get crystallisation and lifting, its just a case of trying different things but i do sympathise as i struggle some days and it really gets you down, hth xx

my station is near the door and also i have a portable air con unit near my station.

With the heat in Sunbed shops resulting in the product setting very quickly, I would either use Radical or perhaps offer gel or fibreglass.

Its really hard with the temp, i was working in there today and the baeds had only been used twice so god knows what its like on a full blown tanning session.

She has air con but that really shot the temp down and if she opens the door everyone in the shop gets cold. She sits near the window and the sun (at times) beats down and i think that really doesnt help.

Urban Geek said:
With the heat in Sunbed shops resulting in the product setting very quickly, I would either use Radical or perhaps offer gel or fibreglass.

Is Radical slower setting..? Could you imagine if she used Moxie..lol

Hello

Can't she maybe move the bed to another room.

I go to a woman who has the sunbed in a closed room in her salon. So the heat stays in there.

There is another lady who does make-up. She has the sunbed in the big area and she build a room with dry walls to do the make-up. And she opens all the windows.

Can't she maybe keep the nail products in a cooler bag so that it doesn't get heat so much.

Hi there, try working a little wetter with your ratio and see if that helps.

trhough summer it gets really hot here, so I put my dappen dish of monomer into a little container full of ice. Made quite a difference.

thanks for the tips ladies, i will let her know..!

Latest posts

Back