Sun beds affecting Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netsrik

Reaction score
Hi wondering if anyone's come across this before?! I did a set of nails for a client in CND shellac cream puff with CND additive fades using nectar gaze. I got a message from her today to say that she went for a sunbed (didn't use any lotions) and now the additive fade parts of the nail have changed colour from pink to purple! She quite likes the look ha but just wondering why that's happened and if anyone's experienced that before?!
Tia X

Hi wondering if anyone's come across this before?! I did a set of nails for a client in CND shellac cream puff with CND additive fades using nectar gaze. I got a message from her today to say that she went for a sunbed (didn't use any lotions) and now the additive fade parts of the nail have changed colour from pink to purple! She quite likes the look ha but just wondering why that's happened and if anyone's experienced that before?!
Tia X
Did she send you any pictures? I haven't heard of a complete change in colour, colour fading yes, but complete change no. Hopefully someone else might have more insight xx

No she didn't. I'm seeing her on Monday for her next appointment so will see what it's like then. If anything I would have thought the cream puff could have discoloured just find it really strange it's the additive! X

It may be that it's uv reactive? Xxx

That is very odd, I agree with Nettic, or unless it was some kind of thermal changing pigment - if that was the case though it should have reverted to the original colour.

I'm so intrigued now xx

I think I have a good idea of whats happened here :)

Nectar Glaze is a blue based pink pigment powder, Exposure to strong sunlight (like a sunbed) can cause fading of pink. If the pink fades dramatically and only a little bit of pink is left, but it still has its blue base then it makes sense that the colour would now look more purple ;)

This can happen in gel polishes and pigments, its just the way pink pigments are , they are unstable in strong sunlight.

Hope that solves your mystery ;)

I think I have a good idea of whats happened here :)

Nectar Glaze is a blue based pink pigment powder, Exposure to strong sunlight (like a sunbed) can cause fading of pink. If the pink fades dramatically and only a little bit of pink is left, but it still has its blue base then it makes sense that the colour would now look more purple ;)

This can happen in gel polishes and pigments, its just the way pink pigments are , they are unstable in strong sunlight.

Hope that solves your mystery ;)
Noreen to the rescue, thanks Noreen now you have mentioned that it makes total sense :)

Something to add to my knowledge books as well xx

I second what bronstar said thanks Noreen!!

I have heard of a few pinks fading in sunlight but just thought it was strange the change in colour but makes sense!

Problem solved thank you!! Xx

Latest posts

Back