Sun beds changing the colour of my gel polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovebeauty101

Reaction score
Hi,
I currently use blue sky gel polish and to be honest I've found the products pretty good. I've recently bought the no wipe top coat which works great but last week I did a black gel set on myself the finished with the no wipe top coat, all good. I've been to the sunbeds a couple of times and noticed the top coat glowing as if it was neon under the bed lights? Now I've noticed the colour of my nails are navy blue! This isn't the end of the world as they are my nails but I'm concerned about my customers. I don't think a customer would be too happy with the colour of their nails changing Any advice of a really good top coat that won't have this problem? I'm looking at changing polish brands but don't have a big chunk of cash to buy in a lot of new polishes in the one go so it's will be a gradual process. Would love to use gelish but it's just too expensive for me at the moment (only been self employed since last September straight from mat leave) so money is still tight. Any tips are appreciated! Thanks in advance xx

Try iLac. Great quality, pro only brand and comes in an amazing price

Hi,
I currently use blue sky gel polish and to be honest I've found the products pretty good. I've recently bought the no wipe top coat which works great but last week I did a black gel set on myself the finished with the no wipe top coat, all good. I've been to the sunbeds a couple of times and noticed the top coat glowing as if it was neon under the bed lights? Now I've noticed the colour of my nails are navy blue! This isn't the end of the world as they are my nails but I'm concerned about my customers. I don't think a customer would be too happy with the colour of their nails changing Any advice of a really good top coat that won't have this problem? I'm looking at changing polish brands but don't have a big chunk of cash to buy in a lot of new polishes in the one go so it's will be a gradual process. Would love to use gelish but it's just too expensive for me at the moment (only been self employed since last September straight from mat leave) so money is still tight. Any tips are appreciated! Thanks in advance xx
Tell your clients after you have done their nails, wear gloves when cleaning or gardening etc and all the usual things you should tell them and also say that using sunbeds may alter the colour. Then you have told them and its their choice if they want to take that risk x

Latest posts

Back