Sun lotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serenityroom

Reaction score
Hi

Like me my 4 year old daughter has very sensitive skin. The last few days I have been using Clarins children's sun lotion on her face and body but unfortunately she has come out in spots/bumps on her face.

Can any one recommend a brand of sun lotion for her? I have tried the usual high street lotions and make sure the potion is washed off at the end of the day.

Thank you!

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine!

:cool:

I meant lotion not potion!!:biggrin:

My son had sensitive skin and baby eczema so I tried the Nivea baby 50+ suncream it was fine on him. No allergy at all. I've now progressed to the Nivea kids 50+ spray and he's still fine. I don't think his skin is as sensitive now but I do stick to what I know he's ok with.

My son used to get the same thing until I started using a no ads sun lotion from asda, it's in a spray can and usually gimmicky pictures eg pirates of the carribean, finding nemo, Disney princess etc.... V cheap too but works well for him!

My toddler is sensitive to the Nivea suncream, it really irritates his skin so I've been using the Simple range since last summer with no problems.
It may be a case of trying a few and seeing what works best for your family x

The Nivea Baby 50+ and the Nivea Kids 50+ are different. The baby one has no perfume and it is often the perfume that irritates the skin. However that said, they are also made for different skin types and so if you can find one for children that works better than the baby one, use it.

Simple do one that can be used on children with sensitive skin and it is perfume free too :)

(can you tell all I have done this week is sell suncream to customers in work lol)

The Nivea Baby 50+ and the Nivea Kids 50+ are different. The baby one has no perfume and it is often the perfume that irritates the skin. However that said, they are also made for different skin types and so if you can find one for children that works better than the baby one, use it.

Simple do one that can be used on children with sensitive skin and it is perfume free too :)

(can you tell all I have done this week is sell suncream to customers in work lol)
I totally agree. The baby is totally different to the kids one. I personally preferred the baby suncream but the kids prefer the green spray!! Lucky for me they both are fine with it and have never burnt either so I'm sticking to that one for us for now! ;-)

I think your lil girls skin.may just not be able to breathe under lotion.as they.are very waterproof . I had the same issue with both my sons (older now) .. When i.used the high factor childrens lotions they csme out in.itchy rash under skin ... Once rash has gone away i.would try a small area.of adults high factor which is a lot less waterproof though. Hope u get sorted

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I tried every sun tan lotion on the market with my youngest and he was allergic to every single one of them with a reaction exactly like you described - red, bumpy, itchy.

He now has to get a sun cream prescribed by the doctors (along with his 7 other lotions and potions for his eczema!). It's an Australian one called sun sense. Quite expensive though I was going to buy it last year to try but it was £16.

I bought loads of little bottles of creams and tried them so I was not wasting as much money or product and spent weeks trailing them all.

Environ's Rad sun cream, you need to apply every 2 hours but it's got no nasties in it. I have clients with eczema and acne who use it no problems and I use on my two kids x

Thank you everybody for all your advise!!

Much appreciated x

Not sure if piz buin do children's though there anti allergy adults one Is great . My use Nivea or amber Solarie on my wee one. His eyes used to water like mad when younger though touch wood fine now xxx

Its now recomended that you dont your a factor 50! Even on babys! As there are soooo many chemicals in a factor 50 and it doesnt even protect your skin that much more then a factor 30!!

Ive tried alsorts and still come out in an itchy rash and my skin will just flake off like snake skin! It doesnt look nice!!

Ive bought lots of different brands from super marker own to very pricey ones! I think youve just got to try a few and see what works for you! Im still hunting!!

I would say the best option is it stay out of the sun!! But i spend all day baking trying to get some colour on my pale legs!!

I recently got a invisiblt spray, which i know contains alot of alcohol but i like the non sticky feel!! As nivea makes me feel very sticky and clammy and make me want to itch even more!!!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I'm lying here covered in a rash. My entire body itches like crazy. I bought pix buin allergy lotion but obviously didn't work for me. £13 down the drain so it's docs for me tomorrow:( x

I feel fairly confident that if you returned the product to the retailer they would refund you.
It would fall under the sale of goods act, being that the product was not fit for purpose.

Depending where you bought it, the sales person you get and the schpeil on the bottle you may get your money back.

Green People sunscreens are good. First sunscreen I've used that hasn't caused me to break out in prickly heat. Not the cheapest out there but for me, well worth the money.

I'm lying here covered in a rash. My entire body itches like crazy. I bought pix buin allergy lotion but obviously didn't work for me. £13 down the drain so it's docs for me tomorrow:( x
Oh hun not so good hope you get something for it from doctor. Return it or email them some pictures sure they'll refund you xxx

Latest posts

Back