Sunbed before and after spray tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eve

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First Thread, please be gentle :)

I was just wondering if anyone could advise me as to how long a client has to wait after using the sun bed to be sprayed and when after being spray tanned can they use the sun bed again? Also can I ask which moisturiser to advise the client to use after they shower and for days there after?

I was taught a lot of things but clients seem to ask the ones I would never think to ask myself :)

Thanks!
Eve
xx

Hi there,

I would sell your clients the moisturiser from your spray tan retail range if they do one.

One of the contra indications of spray tanning is not to apply tan solution to sunburnt skin, so as long as the skin is not burnt then it would be ok to tan someone who had been using sunbeds or has been sunbathing. As for going on a sunbed or sunbathing after a spray tan, the client should wait until the initial colour guide has been on for the recommended time, as sweating can cause the solution to develop unevenly. It would also be advisable to wash the colour guide off first.

I always advise clients who have a tan before going on holiday to not be deceived by their skin colour after a spray tan, and to still use their normal spf sun tan cream as they could still burn - same would apply to the sunbed. Hope that helps :)

Thank you for your valuable advise cherish,

I haven't bought any products from the company I trained with as it was very pricey even before the VAT and Delivery was added. I want to make some money and use that to buy products. Clients are going to ask me what moisturiser they can use and which ones to stay away from to make their tan last longer.

Thank you for your valuable advise cherish,

I haven't bought any products from the company I trained with as it was very pricey even before the VAT and Delivery was added. I want to make some money and use that to buy products. Clients are going to ask me what moisturiser they can use and which ones to stay away from to make their tan last longer.

I hace found any moisturisers are fine to use once the tan has fully developed and been washed off, it's showergels that I fine to be the problem as some can make tan patchy. I sell the retail range for my tan but I always advise against dove showergels and any highly perfumed or oily ones. Everyone is different and I do get clients using all sorts with no problems then I'll have one clients who uses a particular showergel and goes patchy.

Hi there,

I would sell your clients the moisturiser from your spray tan retail range if they do one.

One of the contra indications of spray tanning is not to apply tan solution to sunburnt skin, so as long as the skin is not burnt then it would be ok to tan someone who had been using sunbeds or has been sunbathing. As for going on a sunbed or sunbathing after a spray tan, the client should wait until the initial colour guide has been on for the recommended time, as sweating can cause the solution to develop unevenly. It would also be advisable to wash the colour guide off first.

I always advise clients who have a tan before going on holiday to not be deceived by their skin colour after a spray tan, and to still use their normal spf sun tan cream as they could still burn - same would apply to the sunbed. Hope that helps :)

Clients should not use a sunbed or sunbake for 48 hours after a spray tan (even with sunblock on) as DHA makes the skin more succeptible to UVA/UVB damage for the first 48 hours after a spray tan.

Although I know there will be those who still go on sunbeds and sunbake, I personally do not recommend either as a UV tan is a sign of skin damage which we should all be well aware of by now.

Latest posts

Back