Sunbed wattage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happydays82

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'm getting electrics done in my new shop and someone said you need different wattage plug socket for sunbeds. As normal plug socket would blow fuse all the time. Has anyone have any idea about this please and if you do what electric do I need to the socket. Thank u x

Please anyone?..

They are talking about three phrase electricity which is a requirement of some of the larger sunbeds, mainly installed for machinery in commercial property. Three phase electrics are expensive to put in, quite a few thousand pounds. If you are buying new sunbeds ask the supplier if they run on three phase electrics if they do you need to get it installed i believe by the electricity provider directly, unless of course you choose a sunbed that works on normal domestic electrics. However you may be limited to what you have on at any one time, your electrician will understand a little about three phase and what you can run on domestic without it shutting down every five minutes. Most of the sun bed shops run on three phase as most have new larger beds. If you can not compete with these shops do not have a sunbed at all it will sit there collecting dust.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
You need a separate box with the red shut off button now sure what's it's called it cost about £150 though x

I must be really stupid, but aren't sunbeds banned?
Or is that just in Australia?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I must be really stupid, but aren't sunbeds banned?
Or is that just in Australia?

No they're not. Amazingly their popularity has seen a huge increase particularly in Liverpool where there has also been a massive rise in skin cancer!

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh wow!
I'm really surprised, they had such bad press here before they were banned.
I assumed that they were banned, or in the process of being banned, everywhere.
Mind you, that's probably why spray tanning is huge here now that I think of it.

Thank u geeks, there is a big demand for them in my area so only getting one as I'm not much of a sunbed fan.

Latest posts

Back