Sunday weddings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
I've had a few enquiries lately for weddings this year on a Sunday.
I would like to charge a premium as I never work Sundays, and it would be early morning.
I have no idea how much extra to charge though.
For a bride I charge £35 on the day and bridesmaids £25.

Thanks in advance. x x

Personally, I wouldn't charge extra for this, as it may put people off.

A lot of people choose a Sunday to marry now as it's sometimes cheaper than the Friday or Saturday.

For the odd Sunday it'd be, I'd go with it and be thankful I have people wanting to book me. Your good reputation will grow, too.

JMHO xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'd suggest increasing your wedding prices slightly and earn a little more overall, rather than different prices for different days, I do tons of weddings but recently upped the price cos it was a Sunday and it certainly put the bride off :( she booked else where. I was thankful as I was desperate for a day off but the cash would have still come in handy.

I have just put my overall wedding prices up this week and it has not made any difference ... Had 3 bookings in the past 7 days!

Good luck hun x

I'd suggest increasing your wedding prices slightly and earn a little more overall, rather than different prices for different days, I do tons of weddings but recently upped the price cos it was a Sunday and it certainly put the bride off :( she booked else where. I was thankful as I was desperate for a day off but the cash would have still come in handy.

I have just put my overall wedding prices up this week and it has not made any difference ... Had 3 bookings in the past 7 days!

Good luck hun x

Personally the brides have to understand it is an unsual day for a hairdresser to work. I would charge double time for a sunday lets be honest if its ur own regular client u can afford to give a discount, and at the end of the day if it was me ad pay ma hairdresser whatever for them to do it.

I would charge more. I already charge a £50 satellite fee if they want me to go to them xoxo

Personally the brides have to understand it is an unsual day for a hairdresser to work. I would charge double time for a sunday lets be honest if its ur own regular client u can afford to give a discount, and at the end of the day if it was me ad pay ma hairdresser whatever for them to do it.

I don't think it's an unusual day for a stylists most salons are open 7 days a week, understand mobile is different,

I would up your prices quite a bit and include a bottle of bubbly, or do a package bride + maid of honour + brides mum for x amount, to make it worth your while.

Or just don't do Sunday weddings or just for regular clients!

I charge time and a half on a Sunday as its my only day off.
My prices are really reasonable anyway cos I dont think someone should be charged a fortune just cos shes a bride. A blowdry is still a blowdry and a hair up is still a hair up.
Do alot of you do wedding packages with their trial in? What if they have more than one? X

I would def charge more, you'll be working 7 days a week! People expect to pay more on a Sunday as its not a normal working day x

I charge time and a half on a Sunday as its my only day off.
My prices are really reasonable anyway cos I dont think someone should be charged a fortune just cos shes a bride. A blowdry is still a blowdry and a hair up is still a hair up.
Do alot of you do wedding packages with their trial in? What if they have more than one? X

I don't think it's a case of charging more just because it's a bride, it's more a matter of time, it generally takes longer when doing bridal than a regular hair up due to hair dresses, veils and accommodating a photographer/videographer also I usually end up helping them get dressed too.

I also take time off elsewhere to make up for working a Sunday if that's my day off, most weddings are earlier starts than usual per se

I charge 25% extra for sunday bookings whether its a wedding or normall booking

I don't think it's a case of charging more just because it's a bride, it's more a matter of time, it generally takes longer when doing bridal than a regular hair up due to hair dresses, veils and accommodating a photographer/videographer also I usually end up helping them get dressed too.

I also take time off elsewhere to make up for working a Sunday if that's my day off, most weddings are earlier starts than usual per se

+1

Not mention time waste due to constant interuptions form other guests while you are trying to get the bridal party ready, this all has to factored in to booking time and the over all price in the end and thats why bridal hair/makeup cost more.

I just expect when working freelance that I may have to work Sundays so therefore don't charge extra, but also dont feel bad if i refuse as i want a day off. My weekend is Sunday and Monday (days I'm not in salon) so I'd have to charge extra on a Monday too if it was a case of charging extra due to my day off. I like working and having different days off. I understand others don't so don't think you shouldn't charge extra, just personally I don't x

Yes I'd say up your prices too!! I love doing weddings and its the only thing I would say yes to on a Sunday or Monday (my days off) as the money makes it worth it as well as the atmosphere :-D

Latest posts

Back