Suntana darkest tan spotty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spandangle

Reaction score
Hi geeks! Jusy trialing the suntana samples I've been sent.

I tested the darkest one on a fairly dark skinned client yesterday...and it's gone spotty on her neck and chin (kind of like lighter patches)

She hasn't been in the rain...she doesn't have any skin conditions and there is really bo explanation as it was perfectly even when it was applied. Even she agrees that there wasn't any patched when we had done it.

Does anyone know why this might have happened? I'm going to try attach a pic x

This is a picture after she showered...

Attachments

• 1430385996971.jpg
    1430385996971.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 68
Hi! This looks like a condition I have recently come across on another forum - https://www.spraytan.net/omg-look-whats-happened-fix/
Its referred to as Tinea Versicolour on this post which I found interesting - worth a look.

I would also explore any medications they are on as some can have an effect on the skin (especially hormone based medication or antibiotics).

Hope this helps in some way :)

Thankyou :) i forwarded her the link and she says it's not that..she said she has tans all the time and had one 2 weeks ago and it's never happened to her? Good job it was a free trial and i didn't charge her tho! Jusy really liked the other colours so was hoping to figure out what happened.? #confused

It is very odd - if she left you with a thorough application it's not down to you or improper application.
Perhaps he had remember of a barrier, possibly moisturiser or makeup which has prevented the solution to be absorbed?
A skin condition was my first thought.
If it was sensitivity to the high DHA I would have thought it would be apparent on more than just the chin/neck area. To rule this out you could suggest a lower DHA next time?
I hope you do get to the bottom of the issue. :confused:

Latest posts

Back