Super cleansing shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassies97

Reaction score
As the title says really.

My scalp never feels clean enough and now its becoming really dry! I want to be so clean it tingle with freshness but its always still itchy and dirtyish feeling.

Any ideas?

I'm curious too, I'm using bonacure moisture kick shampoo and my scalp has almost a dry itch still

Cams have you been to the doc? It's sounds like you've got something going on with your skin in general, I.e exema or early psoriasis or something, are you stressed? Eating propperly??

Try a tea tree shampoo if you want to tingle :) cheaper the better too for clarifying! A standalone olaplex leaves you feeling soft & floaty on the topside too :)

As the title says really.

My scalp never feels clean enough and now its becoming really dry! I want to be so clean it tingle with freshness but its always still itchy and dirtyish feeling.

Any ideas?

I don't think a healthy scalp is meant to tingle? Could you be over washing it and then it's stuck in a cycle of producing more oils to counteract the stripping when it's washed? If so, you have to go cold turkey and leave it longer between shampoos.

What's the skin like on other parts of your body and face after you've washed it?
I agree with @surf girl about going to the docs for a check up.

@surf girl i'm always stressed[emoji23] is there any pro teatree shampoos?

@AcidPerm i mean you know when your hair and scalp feels so clean and fresh that it has that tingle? Definitely not over washing, i only wash it 1-2 times a week... But i've tried washing it more and doesn't feel any different.

Everywhere else feels fresh as daisy when i shower and cleanse my face.

Maybe i should go to the doctors[emoji17] thanks for your help guys!

@surf girl i'm always stressed[emoji23] is there any pro teatree shampoos?

@AcidPerm i mean you know when your hair and scalp feels so clean and fresh that it has that tingle? Definitely not over washing, i only wash it 1-2 times a week... But i've tried washing it more and doesn't feel any different.

Everywhere else feels fresh as daisy when i shower and cleanse my face.

Maybe i should go to the doctors[emoji17] thanks for your help guys!
Paul Mitchell used to do a lovely tea tree one, not sure if they still do. Also American crew do a nice one and that is easily available from capital etc. They often have them in a nice gift box with a hair styling product as well.

Paul mitchell cleansing shampoo no 2
Awesome

KÉRASTASE CHRONOLOGISTE REVITALIZING EXFOLIATING CARE

I'm fairly certain its a pre-treatment. It exfoliates the scalp leaving it luscious, flake and dirt free.
(sorry about the funny font, I copy and pasted the name as I struggle spelling in English let alone French)

the paul mitchell tea tree range is honestly amazing especially for the price, if it is really bad you could try phillip kingsley for itchy scalp, its a bit more on the expensive side and the smell isnt nice but AMAZING!
is your scalp flaky to from dryness? could try massaging some oils into your scalp before you shampoo, might help to soothe it! x

the paul mitchell tea tree range is honestly amazing especially for the price, if it is really bad you could try phillip kingsley for itchy scalp, its a bit more on the expensive side and the smell isnt nice but AMAZING!
is your scalp flaky to from dryness? could try massaging some oils into your scalp before you shampoo, might help to soothe it! x

Yeah it does get quite flakey!

What about the stuff you get from the chemist some sort of medicated shampoo? You got T GEL , or SEBAMEDI, if that doesnt work go to the doctors could be an underlining problem and they can prescribe you somthing stronger x

Try using one of those malibu scalp treatments makes your scalp feel so clean!

Have you tried the Kevin Murphy detox I think it's called I used to use that every now and again. Your hair squeaks after!!

Get yourself some paul mitchell tea tree shampoo!!! Your scalps literally tingles using it and the smell is amazing if you've got a cold it will clear it! Normally when I use it in the salon yk eyes will be streaming as it's that strong! Lovely shampoo though!

What about the stuff you get from the chemist some sort of medicated shampoo? You got T GEL , or SEBAMEDI, if that doesnt work go to the doctors could be an underlining problem and they can prescribe you somthing stronger x

I think i'll be better killing two birds with one stone by going the doctors, if its a problem that can't be treated with t-gel or the like then its best i know now so i can help it. If not then at least i know! X

Latest posts

Back