Super Glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grace

Reaction score
Hello,
Help Geeks please, I have a client coming on friday for her Faze gel infills, however i have just found out that one of her nails apparently pinged of yes her words not mine and apparently even the gel too :? weird as i was very careful to clean the nail plates and do what is necessary like one does before applying any product.

Anyway I will assess that problem when she arrives but yes big but I have been informed that she was so upset that one had gone that she super glued it back on :(, can you believe this? She does have to travel for an hour to get to me sas she lives 85 miles away however this is still no excuse, the mad part is i gave her an after care leaflet and told her to phone me if she had any problems at all.

My question is what the ...... shall i do with this super glued nail, how on earth will i remove it and lets face it what sort of state will her natural nail be in underneath now, oh love of god I am so upset, what is a girl to do with bad bad bad clients that wanna play with major glue products when things go wrong ahhhhhhhhh.

Any tips or tricks with this one will be soooooooooooo appreciated.
Grace x

Well darlin', the nail enhancement will have to be removed. Try a soak first. The superglue will most likely loosen in the remover.
It will certainly loosen in water over time and most likely cause a green nail in the bargain; one reason for not using supreglue which is Methyl Cynoacrylate because it is water soluble and industrial quality adhesive and carcinogenic and most definitely not meant for use on the human body!!

If she must do DIY repairs, then at least she should buy professional quality Ethyl Cynoacrylate adhesive from you which is none of the above things and is meant for use on porous surfaces. Make sure any adhesive you have is pharmaceutical quality meant for use on the human body.
All Creative adhesives are pharmaceutical quality adhesives .. before you ask.

Thank you soo much, I will get to soaking her nail off on Friday and let you know how it all goes, I do do hope she does not end up with a green nail.

Get this she is a nurse, yikes the sister on the ward went mad when she saw she had the gel enhacements god only knows what she ill say if she ends up with a green nail, oh dear oh dear, perhaps she will listen to me this time bless her. I am pleased that it is water soluable will hopefully make my life a little easier, I just pray her nail will look ok when i finish, i will do my best.

I love using the Faze gel but am becoming more and more keen on the fabric, my poor clients will all end up with fabric soon like it or not. Anyway thanks for the advice I will see what happens on friday.

Grace x

Umm ... you must do the soak off with normal remover. Water isn't going todo it unless you leave it in there a week! :D I do not think the nail will have gone green jsut yet ... hope not anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back