Supernail ProGel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi how many coats of the electric pink did you do ? Finding they are still showing the free edge through polish or am I just applying too thinly ? X

2/3 coats, 2 if rockstar, 3 coats if just colour to make it extra bright . Only needed 2 coats of cactus flower

2/3 coats, 2 if rockstar, 3 coats if just colour to make it extra bright . Only needed 2 coats of cactus flower

Hi there. I noticed ProGel is a little difficult to soak off. Can you tell me how long it takes you and your procedure? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi I just buff off the shine then wrap each nail in cotton wool with acetone and foil for ten minutes then it should just come off in flakes :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378686050.122487.jpgone of their new colours pouty princess with entity holo glam it up on top

Can I ask if this is strong enough to use with tips?? Tia x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Can I ask if this is strong enough to use with tips?? Tia x

Yes sure! I've used pro gel with tips and they lasted good. Of you want extra strength you can put calgel, brisa lite or bio under as a base.

Oh great, thanks very much 😄

Yes sure! I've used pro gel with tips and they lasted good. Of you want extra strength you can put calgel, brisa lite or bio under as a base.

Progel is a gel polish. You can't use it to create enhancements. It isn't strong enough & doesn't have the right consistency to build an apex.

Applying progel directly over tips will look extremely ugly & will also inevitably cause service breakdown :eek:

Hi just after some advice

I use Shellac ATM but thinking of offering another product
I like Progel colour range

How much do you charge for Progel compared to Shellac? Would you charge the same or like £5 less?

Progel is a gel polish. You can't use it to create enhancements. It isn't strong enough & doesn't have the right consistency to build an apex.

Applying progel directly over tips will look extremely ugly & will also inevitably cause service breakdown :eek:

I have trained with calgel, so could be used over calgel extension? I just like their neon colours, calgel doesn't have anything bright n funky xx

I have trained with calgel, so could be used over calgel extension? I just like their neon colours, calgel doesn't have anything bright n funky xx

Yes, it's fine to use gel polish over finished enhancements :biggrin:

Just lightly buff to remove the shine & don't use the base coat. Go straight to the colour coats & then seal with the progel top coat.

Hi just after some advice

I use Shellac ATM but thinking of offering another product
I like Progel colour range

How much do you charge for Progel compared to Shellac? Would you charge the same or like £5 less?

Products are not the expensive element of a nail service.

If you do your costings the price difference per application will be minimal - nothing close to £5. So you would only charge £5 less if you want to lower your hourly wage...

Just lightly buff to remove the shine & don't use the base coat. Go straight to the colour coats & then seal with the progel top coat.

Thanks for your help 😄

Thank you for your visit. If you look at this picture I used pro gel over tips. Used calgel for a strength as a base coat. So I don't think it looks ugly at all and this client came back after 3 weeks with all her nails on.

Forgot to attach the photo ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379189637.985086.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379189761.091594.jpg
Used calgel as as a base and top coat on the second photo 👌

Why would you want to remove the shine? I put progel color straight over calgel without wiping the stickiness off or buff. Tacky layer was made specifically to adjust to the color. Just like shellac base coat. Would you wipe off the stickiness before applying the color?

Thank you for your visit. If you look at this picture I used pro gel over tips. Used calgel for a strength as a base coat. So I don't think it looks ugly at all and this client came back after 3 weeks with all her nails on.

If you just apply a tip & cover with progel an enhancement will be:

1. Weak: Progel is not a builder or sculpting gel. A tip does not provide the strength within an enhancement. The strength is built via the apex & structure over the tip. For this you need a builder gel. It is not possible to build an apex with progel.

2. Flat/ugly: The C curve is what makes an enhancement attractive. It is created by the apex which then tapers gradually at each side to get the “c” shape. Since this isn’t possible with progel, or any uv polish like gelish/shellac etc, merely blending a tip & applying coloured gel results in a flat ugly enhancement.

This isn’t as simple as being a difference of opinion – using a gel polish directly over tips is a technical no no. It goes against the very essence of building a structurally sound & attractive enhancement.

Why would you want to remove the shine? I put progel color straight over calgel without wiping the stickiness off or buff. Tacky layer was made specifically to adjust to the color. Just like shellac base coat. Would you wipe off the stickiness before applying the color?

The "tacky layer" is not made specifically to adjust to anything - what nonsense!

The inhibition layer is a very thin layer of uncured gel. It is "inhibited" from curing (hence the name) by oxygen in the atmosphere. It provides zero function. Wiping mid service would not affect gel application in any way.

Gel polish best adheres to a slightly rough buffed surface. It is standard practice with any system to finish the enhancement without shine & then add gel colour coats.

Latest posts

Back