supplier query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smiler13334

#Nailartistic_me
Reaction score
Hi All
what would you guys do if in a brochure a specific 'kit' was sold for a price, but when you got into it the kit that was described was not what you had. and the explanation was a printing error and photo error and to get what was needed in the first place would cost 40 pounds more. am l right in thinking that the kit corresponding with the price is what you should get even if there was an error? anyone know the law on this one. sorry if this dosen't make much sense, had a bummer day.help please.Trese

Hiya
Can you tell us what kit and where you got it.that may help us
Take care Dawnie

This should come under the sale of goods act. Speak to citizens advice for exact info, you could also speak to your credit card company (if you paid by card) for advice. You have protection under consumer credit this way too.

My book on consumer & contract law is unfortunately in a big packing box at the moment so I can't give you a difinittive answer, but I would see it as:

the products are not as they were described to you, so they have not fulfilled their part of the contract of sale. They publicised the goods for sale at that price and you took them up on this forming a legally binding contract. You have paid for the goods fulfiling your side of the contract. You should contact them and request that they remedy this by sending the missing items within say 7 days. If they do not do this you should ask for a refund of all your costs - including that of returning the goods. If they will not do this then ask your credit card company to withhold payment and then make it the problem of the card company.

You should seek proper advice on this. Write evrything down and keep every bit of paperwork, especially the initial advert.

Thanks for that Ella,
would it be the same if it was bought at excel or would that be totally different? l have taken your advise on board and tomorrow will be getting in touch with C.A.B. Dawnie thanks for your reply but l will wait to see if the company rectifies it first before l name them - l appreciate errors happen so we will see. Trese

Now just a little tought........
Before you go legal..................go personal..............
speak to your supplier, it might have been an over site at the packing end !!!!!!
I found that feed them honey and you will win...............
Be factual, polite and humour always helps too...........

If you buy kit brand x and it's not the kit as advertised inc.l the discription and the price............. but sold as the advertised kit, then you have a good case for a refund or they will have to make good...............
If they have run out of kit x and replaced it with kit or product Y, then they must legaly inform you of changes with regards to this.....prior the sale......
It come under trades discription

hope this helps
but like I said, do it nicely first you can safe the big boys stuff for later......
love Ruth xxxxx

Thankyou Ruth
l agree with you, l have been nice and polite and waiting for them to get back to me, but you know when you get a gut feeling that it is going to be hassle, hope i'm wrong. as for going legal, l want the knowledge incase it gets a bit ooooh eeeeerrrr and it will be the last resort. l will keep you posted as to what happens if you like. thanks again. Trese

Any news, Trese?

Adele

Hi Adele
have l had fun with this one, good thing myself and friend can get a refund, but that doesn't get me the kit l desperately wanted. cutting the story short it boils down to misrepresentation as far as the prices and brochure goes. Thanks for asking lets hope l can find another one. Theresa

Trese,

I think you have a good case just get back in touch with the supplier and quote the 'sale of Goods Act 1979 section 13 (goods must match description) this section covers situations where the buyer does not see the goods before he or she buys them but relies on what is said in an advertisement. Hope this helps :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back