Support needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meganisla

Reaction score
Hi all , so I have been qualified in hairdressing for 13 years. I dont claim to know everything as no one can but j have had very little complaints in my career.
I've been self employed for a few months now and its going from strength to strength but I'm struggling with a few customers.
One is saying that her hair used to be so long and thick and now its thin and short. She came to me with very heavily bleached hair so I have only ever done her roots as highlights and not pulled it through to the end. She showed me a photo of her hair, when she was 13 pre any hair colours or bleach.she recently spent 2 months in Bali and constantly uses the straighteners yet I feel like she is getting at my work.
Another client I have was blonde and went darker. Was gorgeous and she rebooted her appointment for 9 weeks later and now is saying her colour hasn't lasted .......... 9 weeks later!!!!! I feel like they are always getting at it's my work! One friend said her hair looked scraggly so I looked through diary and is was 11 weeks previous she had her colour.
How should I be dealing with these people ? Xx

Hi lovely,
I’ve been hairdressing for 17 years and self employed mobile for 5 years. I’ve encountered similar issues to this and I used to literally bend over backwards to make these clients happy, like to the point I was losing money trying to please them. It took me a while to realise there are some people u will never please and if they think they can get something out of u for cheap or for free, they will do it and keep on doing it time and time again. It’s hard to do but u have to be strong. Back yourself. You know you’re good at what you do and you know it’s not what you’ve done that’s caused their issues. So what I now do is I’ll firstly try and explain to them in a scientific but understandable way as to why this has happened to their hair and hope that they respect that I know what I’m talking about and that’ll be that. If this doesn’t work, my diary becomes very busy for the next 6 months and they’re then forced to go elsewhere!

Hahaha I love that , i am just sick of people saying they love it they love it and then all of a sudden ita too light or too dark or it's too long .... hair grows!!! I think they want me to do their hair and it's going to last them 6 months perfectly , no regrowth, nothing ! They don't seem to understand that colours fade especially if applied to a blonder base colour , I did say we should incorporate a touch of darker than she wanted to give coverage but no when refused xxxx I feel like giving up xxxx

Hahaha I love that , i am just sick of people saying they love it they love it and then all of a sudden ita too light or too dark or it's too long .... hair grows!!! I think they want me to do their hair and it's going to last them 6 months perfectly , no regrowth, nothing ! They don't seem to understand that colours fade especially if applied to a blonder base colour , I did say we should incorporate a touch of darker than she wanted to give coverage but no when refused xxxx I feel like giving up xxxx
Don't give up! Think about all the clients that are thrilled with your commitment, hard work, good work and more importantly your prices! If we always concentrated on the negative the world would be a very dull and dreary place. I'm sure what you're doing is perfectly fine! Some clients need to remember we qualified from cellege and studies hairdressing not qualified from hogwarts and studying magic and miracles!!
Did you pre pig the hair and explain that colour doesn't usually last very long on prelightened hair until the colour starts to build back up? Is she using professional shampoo and conditioner? Is she using heat protection? Is she using high heat styling tools? These are all contributing factors to why her colour would fade before you would expect it to. Don't be afraid to point this out to her. I know rule of thumb is that the client is always right, but unfortunately they're not! Sometimes the clients just don't understand and some clients are just don't want to understand.... And those are the kind of clients that you will never please.

Latest posts

Back