Supportive Others

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
Another thread by Hwilliams has got me thinking. A little TPTW.

I am blessed to have a supportive husband, he has stopped me from handing my keys in this week and giving it all up.

He listens to me, encourages me and actively helps me to promote my business. Sometimes his ideas are not what I want or he doesnt understand what I am trying to achieve , but his support is never ending.

So, I have him, what about others? who do they have when they simply cant go on? should we have a system here whereby we have buddies?

A buddy could be a list of people that are volunteers and that are listed as buddies, so when things get really bad, or just stressful, that newbie or not newbie can go to a buddy and get some advice?

Just a thought and I wondered if any one thought this was a good idea?

tigi

That's lovely about your husband. I have a very supportive boyfriend too :) Lucky us, eh?

As for the buddy system, i personally find that salon geek itself works as a buddy system for me. Any time i have a query, or am just upset or confused, or even elated about something happening during the day, here i come.

However, i am one of the lucky ones, as my family is very supportive as well. For somone feeling a little more alone, perhaps they would prefer to have a more solid connection with someone more experienced in our profession xx

i think its a lovely idea , i will happily be a buddy :biggrin: my hubby always supports me i dont know what i would be like without him , lol x

What a fantastic idea I think it would be nice i think salon geek does work on a buddy basis but I think if you could have one or a few buddies to speak to about certain things would be nice as you don't have to post things for all to see and I also think it would save a lot of the catty and unesisary little spats to as not everybody can get in on your question and turn it into a mine field and if it isn't work related they can have a good old moan or get support off there buddies if you know what I mean.

It would especially be good for newbies to I think so they have confidence to ask the questions that they are after or just to simply get things off there chests and get a bit of support.

I have a very supportive fiancé but some maybe not as lucky as us so I think it would be nice I for one would use it as sometimes I feel I just rattle on to my fiancé lol :lol: xxx

I would also be a buddy x

This is so cool...

I would love to be a buddy if someone will have me.

I'm 3 yrs in to the industry so we could bounce off each other.

MWilliams is gorgeous and has been a tower of strength for me, from sitting there while I practiced mani's and pedi's on him to even offering his leg hair for waxing.

He offered his nails as long as I removed enhancements straight away and was my case study for Indian Head Massage.

He is gorgeous! When my days go bad, he always say's something that picks me up and motivates me, although I wish I'd never put an ad in my local paper (his only bad idea so far) but I'll let him off cos he's gorgeous.

He always talks to his driving students about me and carries my cards/price list in the glove box.

Oh, and did I mention that he is gorgeous?

H x

This is so cool...

I would love to be a buddy if someone will have me.

I'm 3 yrs in to the industry so we could bounce off each other.

MWilliams is gorgeous and has been a tower of strength for me, from sitting there while I practiced mani's and pedi's on him to even offering his leg hair for waxing.

He offered his nails as long as I removed enhancements straight away and was my case study for Indian Head Massage.

He is gorgeous! When my days go bad, he always say's something that picks me up and motivates me, although I wish I'd never put an ad in my local paper (his only bad idea so far) but I'll let him off cos he's gorgeous.

He always talks to his driving students about me and carries my cards/price list in the glove box.

Oh, and did I mention that he is gorgeous?

H x

I was sold a very terrible product in my first ever training which yellowed on my first nail client, I cried and cried and he took me out the next day after googling why this could happen and bought me a load of new, better stuff for the second client I had the next day.

I have come far since then with product and buy my own kits now as opposed to salon training based ones.

I think this is a wicked idea :D I am lucky that my husband supports me but he is in such a dark place himself with his health and such that i don't always want to lean on him.

I know that Geek in itself is like a unlimited buddy system but to find people who you can have a genuine 1-2-1 with and really bounce off would be amazing and I know that many of the longer term Geeks think along the same lines as Tigi "pay it forward" xxxxx

I think this is a wicked idea :D I am lucky that my husband supports me but he is in such a dark place himself with his health and such that i don't always want to lean on him.

I know that Geek in itself is like a unlimited buddy system but to find people who you can have a genuine 1-2-1 with and really bounce off would be amazing and I know that many of the longer term Geeks think along the same lines as Tigi "pay it forward" xxxxx

You can "bounce" off of me anytime! :wink2:

great thread tigi! I'm too new to be a buddy me thinks but happy to help where i can :)

i have a very supportive Hubby who lets me minx, polish and god knows what else his nails. He even did the school run in pink and purple minx one morning much to my six year olds son disgust! That said my little fella is letting me practice kids nail art for a party i have on Saturday, love him!
I'm in a very fortunate position in that my husband works his gorgeous butt off for our little family whilst i build a client base. He also gets just as excited about new bookings as i do. He lets me drone on and on about nails and tells anyone and everyone about me.

I'm one very lucky lady!

What a fantastic idea!

I have a few friends who will listen but not understand. Hubbie, well he has his views on the entire beauty industry which means he isn't exactly supportive!

From experience I would have thrown the towel in if it wasn't for The Geeks, especially Gr8nailz and Jacquelineanna ( your name is really hard to spell !!!)

A buddy system is a lovely idea, I'm only a newbie and still finding my feet but if I could offer any help I would in a shot.

Latest posts

Back