Surgical spirit before waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzy13

Reaction score
Hi when i learnt to wax at collage 15 years ago we got told to wipe the area to be waxed with surgical spirit, do most people still do this or do you use something else ?

After having a child and not working for a while i feel a bit out of touch with whats going on in the industry.

Use Pre-Wax Lotion or Pre-Wax Oil, not surgical spirit. The ingredients are not as strong as surgical spirit. I was taught the same but hey, it all changed ;)

I cleanse with spirit, then lightly pat dry area, then apply waxing oil if bikini area, or powdered silk if underarms, legs, back or facial area.

I'm sorry, by spirits i assumed you were referring to the pre-waxing SD-40 based alcohol products.

i use pre wax i only use surgical spirit to clean wax pot etc after waxing, i did'nt know you could use this on skin

I am not sure how many people still use surgical spirit. I didnt use it after I left college as I really didnt like it.

There are so many good pre-wax cleansers you can buy these days, just what you get on with really.

I started off with Hive pre cleansers and post waxing lotion.I now use Perron Rigot's pre cleanse and jasmine oil.

Check out places like Beauty Express, Ellissons, hive, and many other reputable beauty companies!

I agree that the PR blue lotion sanitiser is great for using pre wax and also at the end of the waxing the blue lotion is great to remove the post wax oils before applying the post waxing creams etc. There is also a hypoallergenic option for clients with sensitive skin.

Jack

Having just qualified through college - I can confirm they still train with surgical spirit for waxing body hair and witch hazel for waxing facial hair

I have never used it outside of college and use my pre wax oil! x

thanks everyone for your replies xx

Latest posts

Back