Susan Molyneux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny2

Reaction score
I have just received some samples and they look and smell fantastic. Does any other mobile therapist uses these products and do you feel you do enough faciels to cover the cost of the out lay to buy the products. Also the jhon van g make up looks nice but did not receive a sample of this does any one have any experience of this make up xx

I have just received some samples and they look and smell fantastic. Does any other mobile therapist uses these products and do you feel you do enough faciels to cover the cost of the out lay to buy the products. Also the jhon van g make up looks nice but did not receive a sample of this does any one have any experience of this make up xx

I'm not mobile, I'm home-based, but I have been using SM for about two and a half years and I'm VERY happy with it. When I placed my opening order I remember being really worried about the outlay, not knowing how many facials I would do, but since then I really haven't looked back. I do lots of facials and quite a bit of retail. Obviously we can't talk about trade prices on here but just as an example, if you were to outlay £600, you would need to do 24 facials at £25 to get your money back, or say, 20 facials at £30. If you think about a similar example but using your actual outlay and our actual charge for a facial you will see how many you need to do.

With regard to JVG, I 'm afraid I can't help, as I've only really tried the nail polishes :)

Have you been to a SM 'open day'? Might be worth considering depending on location etc

Feel free to PM me with any questions about SM. Good luck with your decision :)

I use Susan Molyneux in my salon and i must say its fantastic. The training I recieved from them also was the best i have ever had. The staff are so friendly and always willing to help in any way possible. Their customer service is second to none. I cannot praise them as a company enough. You will not have any problems if you decide to go with them I can assure you. Myself and my clients love their range of skincare products, they pride themselves highly on their pure ingredients and commitments to the environment and animal testing. Id definately recommend them, And with charging between £19 to £40 for their facials they are accessible prices to clients for a high quality facial, depending on your client base, i would say it shouldnt take too long to make cover the cost.

All my clients love their firming moisturiser, and delicate face wash, these are just two of my best sellers!

thank you so much, i think this is the range for me, i will let you no how i go:)

Jenny, I too use SM (Renu rather than Monu) and I have to say I do like the products. However, I don't wish to put you off here but SM's customer service was great until I purchased my first lot of products and then....... nothing. I haven't had one call asking how I am finding the products, I have had to ring them for newsletter updates etc. Maybe I am just too small fry?

My training was ok, but for a one day course too much time was spent on product knowledge rather than their facial massage routine, which took an hour of the whole day - not enough in my view.

Jenny, I too use SM (Renu rather than Monu) and I have to say I do like the products. However, I don't wish to put you off here but SM's customer service was great until I purchased my first lot of products and then....... nothing. I haven't had one call asking how I am finding the products, I have had to ring them for newsletter updates etc. Maybe I am just too small fry?

My training was ok, but for a one day course too much time was spent on product knowledge rather than their facial massage routine, which took an hour of the whole day - not enough in my view.

I'm surprised about this! Tbh they have never phoned me to ask how I'm getting on, but I have always found them very easy to deal with when I have had a query, and I do get regular newsletters.

Joe90 - I'm interested to know why you have Renu but not Monu... do you have another facial range?

Joe90 - I'm interested to know why you have Renu but not Monu... do you have another facial range?

Hi Zo, I took Renu on as most of my clients are more mature and Renu seemed the way to go for me at the moment, plus it was a better start up cost. I do not have another facial range at the moment but am not sure whether I would go down the Monu road, I would need to do some more research.

Maybe I am expecting too much in the way of customer service?

Hi Zo, I took Renu on as most of my clients are more mature and Renu seemed the way to go for me at the moment, plus it was a better start up cost. I do not have another facial range at the moment but am not sure whether I would go down the Monu road, I would need to do some more research.

Maybe I am expecting too much in the way of customer service?

I don't think you are expecting too much. But if you are unhappy maybe you should tell 'em! I honestly think they would want to know. And tbh I think a lot of their accounts are 'small fry', as it's a popular choice for home based and mobile therapists. I have done just about all of their training, I've done the open day, facial days 1 and 2, galvaderm, renu and vitru and I thought it was all fab BUT with renu the massage is so fundamental I agree it was a lot to learn in one day, especially with all the scientific info about the ingredients and how they work with the layers of the skin.

Monu is very different to Renu. Much more versatile, nicer smells, cheaper, defintely worth considering:)

I agree it was a lot to learn in one day, especially with all the scientific info about the ingredients and how they work with the layers of the skin.

Monu is very different to Renu. Much more versatile, nicer smells, cheaper, defintely worth considering:)

I probably had my training at a different venue to you (mine was in Yorkshire) and although they did a lot of product knowledge I don't remember them talking about how the ingredients worked within the skin.

To be honest though Zo I do so few facials it isn't even worth me considering Monu. I have sold all of my cleansers, toners and moisturisers from my original order however I cannot shift what SM say is their best selling product (lip and eye lift) - I can't figure out why.

I did speak to SM after my training and sent them a follow up email making some suggestions as to how the training could be improved - maybe a DVD showing the facial massage, which they completely ignored.

I did originally want to stock Nimue but I was told because there was another salon a couple of miles awayusing Nimue I was not approved to use it. I got the impression the rep that came didn't think I was 'up market' enough for it.

I probably had my training at a different venue to you (mine was in Yorkshire) and although they did a lot of product knowledge I don't remember them talking about how the ingredients worked within the skin.

To be honest though Zo I do so few facials it isn't even worth me considering Monu. I have sold all of my cleansers, toners and moisturisers from my original order however I cannot shift what SM say is their best selling product (lip and eye lift) - I can't figure out why.

I did speak to SM after my training and sent them a follow up email making some suggestions as to how the training could be improved - maybe a DVD showing the facial massage, which they completely ignored.

I did originally want to stock Nimue but I was told because there was another salon a couple of miles awayusing Nimue I was not approved to use it. I got the impression the rep that came didn't think I was 'up market' enough for it.

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I am trying to be helpful (diplomacy not always my strong point) but if you had a more suitable facial range you might find yourself enjoying facials more, promoting facials more, and therefore doing facials more. I find it quite easy to talk people into having a facial, generally ladies don't need much persuading to lie down and close their eyes for an hour :lol:

Renu is designed for over 35's but not suitable for everyone over 35. (I am 38 but I have v oily skin and still get spots so it doesn't work for me at all)

If I were to criticise Susan Molyneux, I would say I would have liked them to have asked you why you were choosing Renu when you didn't already have Monu, what other range you were using, therefore finding out you didn't have another range, and advising you properly. Because Monu is also suitable for mature ladies :mad:

Imo, Renu is not suitable as a stand alone product range. Like I said, please don't be cross with me for saying this, I was really surprised when you said you had Renu but not Monu:eek:

I do agree that your email being ignored is pretty poor. Is it saved somewhere, i.e. in your outbox? You could always follow it up, tell them you were disappointed not to get a reply.

I totally agree with you Zo about having another range but money just isn't available at the moment to purchase more. Plus nobody will even consider a facial where I am working, they all think it is a waste of time and money. They are quite happy for fork out for their wash and set every week but not for anything else.

I am going to work in a new salon soon for some further experience and they are using Monu so can't wait for that.

Hello Jenny2
I also asked for samples when I first started mobile, and I loved the SM range. The smell was fantastic and also I tried the products on myself and I was so pleased with them!
Unfortunately I could not afford them so I brought a range called Priadara. You can buy these through Ellisons or directly through Priadara website. You can buy as much as you want and I have found that my clients love them.
I will buy into the SM range eventually but at the moment Priadara is a lovely brand.
Might be worth a look for you mate:)
Let me know how you get on:)
xxx

Latest posts

Back