Suspected burst blood vessel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger Jay

Reaction score
Ok beauty people!

Just wanted a little advice here. I have what I think is a suspected burst blood vessel on my nose.........(don't you laugh, now!)
It is small, red in colour and disappears when I press it.

Now, if it is a burst blood vessel what advice could you give me to have it removed (if it can be removed).

Hoping to get rid of it before I go on my hols in May.

Thanks for your help , guys.

It almost sounds like a dialated capillary (used to be known as ruptures capillaries). In the nose area, they can be caused by stress, such as a bad cold where you are blowing your nose often.

It almost sounds like a dialated capillary (used to be known as ruptures capillaries). In the nose area, they can be caused by stress, such as a bad cold where you are blowing your nose often.
Thanks for that,

So can this be removed in any way?

It sounds like a spider Naevus to me. This is a tiny red dot in appearance and sometimes has tiny little threads coming off it. (hence the spider thing) This can be "zapped" using the same method as electrolysis but using a higher current, very quick and not that painful! A specialized therapist that is qualified in thread vein therapy can usually do this or your doctor can.
My mum had this about 10 years ago and my electrolysis teacher at the time treated it for her and it has never come back. HTH x

It sounds like a spider Naevus to me. This is a tiny red dot in appearance and sometimes has tiny little threads coming off it. (hence the spider thing) This can be "zapped" using the same method as electrolysis but using a higher current, very quick and not that painful! A specialized therapist that is qualified in thread vein therapy can usually do this or your doctor can.
My mum had this about 10 years ago and my electrolysis teacher at the time treated it for her and it has never come back. HTH x
To what you have discribed, it sounds just like what I have. Thanks for your advice on that.
So I guess I'll be looking in to having my nose "zapped"!!!:)

Latest posts

Back