Swarovski crystal client help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniBea

Reaction score
Hello geeks.

I am a fully qaulified beauty therapist and have been doing beauty since 2005. Last year I gained my certificate in swarovski crystal toes (was expermimemting with them way before this point too and using the odd one for nail art etc). Since I got my certificate and passed the day course, I have been doing the full set of toes. I have had loads of clients since and have used loads of different sizes and colours, I have them on my own toes and I do my mams etc-

Anyways, I have this friend (I think everyone may have one of these friends) she likes to think she can turn up 3 hours late for appiontments without taking me or my time into consideration, she likes to randomly turn up to my house where my beauty room is located and expect treatments there and then etc.

She wanted her swarovski toes done for valentines day so I took a deposit from her to cover the cost of tge crystals and I (stupidly) told her I would do them for her for no service charge so I could get pictures for my site as I had never used the Indian Pink ones before and they would look lovely on my site etc.

I carried out the service the same as I always do and gave my aftercare advice to her etc etc etc. I asked her if she would like to take the extra crystals but she said no no no il leave them with you so you can infil them for me and get ones placed back on when the odd one falls off etc. I was fine with this and said no problem.

Once the CND glue is finally all dry I give the toes a nice strke and rub/flick over to maje sure they are all stuck, the odd one normally does ping off and I pop a fresh one on with fresh glue but not one came off on her set, they were well in truly stuck! My other two clients who were here were amazed by them and there was loads of complients etc. I got some lovely photos and I was feeling happier (as she turned up 3 hours late hence why I had other clie ts here but I sqeezed her in where I could and put my other clients first etc but still did a professional job).

Now .... this is the girls who turned up on monday for her highlights and at the end told me she would pay me next week!
She turned up 3 hours late for her appiontment.

She messaged me in the middle if the night to tell me one full toe had all slid off, all they crystals etc!
In the morning I just simply told her to book in for infils. She told me no because now 2 had slid off!
Now today is only the 2nd day and she messaged me to book in for an eyelash tint and infil and if she could book in on thursday and pay the thursday after. I didnt message back as I was busy with the kids breakfast and I didnt have my appiontment book tucked in my pjs lol plus I was plucking up the courage to say no, if she wanted to book in she would have to pay the same day etc. Within half an hour I had another message from her saying every single one of her toes had slid off, all the crystals, everything! I asked for a photo straight away but still.... hours later no photo! No responce!

Now I know that these crystals do not come off easy! I dont know how they could all slide off and its suspicious that she wants cheap and free treatments all of the time. Me and my friends have had ours on for 5 months with getting infills done... I dont get it! Is she pulling a fast one?

What would you do?
How should I cope with her?

Im worried for my reputation as nothing bad has happened to me before and I do hair and beauty! I have never ever had a complaint before!

I also dont have enough crystals left to do her full set again... shall I folk out for them or what do I tell her???

Thank you geeks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Honestly? I'd be "fully booked" every time she contacts you for an appointment! I have a lady who is the exact same I know her from school and always asked for treatments discounted. I did her a tan a month or so ago, got pictures of the tan for my page and everything was fine. The next day knowing full well I was going on holiday in literally an hour she text me saying the tan hadn't taken and she wanted it redoing or a refund. I asked for a picture of what had happened and she said it was too late because she'd applied st tropez on her legs (completely different solution) so it wouldn't show. Now she's demanding I do her eyebrows instead! As she was booked in after my holiday but I'm always booked from now. I really don't need the hassle and neither do you! This lady sounds like she'll only do it again anyways.
Try not to be affected by her as you know you've done your job well if everything went ok and you have given her the correct aftercare etc.
I'm going on my Swarovski pedi course next month and I am very excited 😊 xx

Sounds like a P.I.T.A!!
Those crystals cost time and money and you did them as a goodwill gesture for pictures?
You will be able to see if they've been picked, I highly doubt they would all of slid off the nail. How do you apply yours? I use a gel polish for mine so if people pick I can easily tell as the mark where the crystal was is left
No way would I replace them for her you gave her an aftercare sheet. She's taking advantage by the sounds of it asking to pay for treatments the following week, that's like nipping into Sainsburys and grabbing your shopping and tell then you'll pay next week.
I'd refuse any other treatments until you've seen a picture or them for yourself and then explain that you did the crystals as discussed for no treatment price.
I wouldn't even refund the price for crystals unless she can prove these crystals fell off. If they did, glue/gel will be left on the nail. If they are picked gel/glue will be on all the crystals she picked off and you will be able to see on the nail and picking and scraping xx

First) STOP allowing her to behave in this way. Do NOT do her treatments when she shows up 3 hours late, rebook her explaining that you have other clients and that she MUST arrive on time for her bookings.

Second) Do NOT treat her when she randomly shows up at your place, She MUST book in or ring to see if your available when she wants something done.

Third) Stop offering reduced treatments that are being booked in - she obviously wanted those coloured crystals and would have had to pay full price for them if you hadn't offered them at cost. She MAY have then actually looked after what you did for her, where she has clearly not taken care of them at cost price.

Fourth) If it is normal practice for you to give the client a small amount of crystals to take away & replace any lost crystals, then you should have treated this 'friend' in exactly the same way as all other clients and when she asked you to keep them for her & replace as needed, you should have told her that you don't replace lost crystals free of charge as time is money.

Fifth) When she messaged to say they had 'slide off' you should have explained that this is NOT normal and has not happened in the may other sets you have done and you need to see this asap to assess the situation. When she replied to say that 2 toes have now 'slide off' I would have asked her to come immediatley so you could see them.

Sixth) When she messaged for an eyelash tint & pay a week later, I'd be fully booked - if she thinks she can waste your time like this she is wrong. You can't go shopping in Tesco/Asda and pay next week. Payment at time of service or no service.

Seventh) Is she pulling a fast one - DEFINATLEY
What would I do - Be fully booked for the distant future and not treat her again as she has no respect for the business or time spent on her.
How would you cope with her - Sack her as a client by telling her to find another therapist that is a better fit to her lifestyle & requirements OR make her conform & behave the same way all other clients do, booking and turning up on time & paying full price for her treatments..

Eighth) Should you pay for another full set - NO, she obviously didn't want them on or she would have looked after them by following your aftercare advice and they would still be on. I'd say she sat there and picked them off and ruined her natural nails in the process.

To everyone has replied....
Thank you all so much, I really do appreciate all your advice.

I did as advised and asked her to come see me straight away... she has been online as i had noticed she commented on one of my mothers statuses and I have been waiting for her to turn up (I have been in and busy with todays clients) and so far she has not turned up and nor have I recieved a picture. I have spoken to my husband and my mother about the situation and they agree that she must be sitting there picking them off. I dont understand how it could happen to her, and only her as I know how well those crystals stay on with the CND adhesive. It just does not make sense but I am still very intrigued to see her nails whatever the outcome whether they have magically slid off or if they have well intuely been picked at.

I am leaving the case open until she can pop over in person or at least send me a picture.

As for future appiontments... non existing, for her anyways! Lets just hope non of you have to deal with her in the near future.

Thanks geeks
Xox

To everyone has replied....
Thank you all so much, I really do appreciate all your advice.

I did as advised and asked her to come see me straight away... she has been online as i had noticed she commented on one of my mothers statuses and I have been waiting for her to turn up (I have been in and busy with todays clients) and so far she has not turned up and nor have I recieved a picture. I have spoken to my husband and my mother about the situation and they agree that she must be sitting there picking them off. I dont understand how it could happen to her, and only her as I know how well those crystals stay on with the CND adhesive. It just does not make sense but I am still very intrigued to see her nails whatever the outcome whether they have magically slid off or if they have well intuely been picked at.

I am leaving the case open until she can pop over in person or at least send me a picture.

As for future appiontments... non existing, for her anyways! Lets just hope non of you have to deal with her in the near future.

Thanks geeks
Xox

Hiya, very keen to hear the outcome. Any updates?
Shocking 'friend' sack her!
Kate x

Hello :)
Well....
Me being me (to kind for my own good) I contacted her for photos as she still didnt send me one. She eventually, days later sent me a photo of scattered crystals that looked as if they were on black bed sheets... no picture of toes like I told her to send! She told me they all just decided to slide off, she told me this on the phone... so I told her I still had her crystals but not enough to do a full set so I invited her back for a mini pedicure with the crystals to be used on the big toes. She agreed to this.
I messaged her 2 days later to arrange but I kept getting short messages back saying "no, no petrol" and a few days later asking for treatments that week but asking me when she could pay, I told her paying on the day of treatment would be best but she wanted to pay a week after her treatments.... I told her it was unacceptable and iv not heard since.
I know I didnt have to offer the extra service but I did as I dont want grumpy clients etc but I kinda do hope she doesnt come back.

Good news too :) ...
I have just bought a 4 story house and plan on creating 2 rooms on the ground floor... one for gairdresding and a nail bar and the other for a thrapy room :) how exciting :)

Hope you are all well xox

That's sounds exciting and don't forget to post pics of your new place x

Latest posts

Back