Swarovski Crystal Pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm unsure why you'd want to do it over an acrylic nail but, the crystals in gel will add quite a bit of height to the nails so the crystals on top of an extension might be too thick looking.

I don't suppose there are any other reasons for not having the crystals in sog over an acrylic nail (if on existing acrylics just ensure the acrylic has been cleaned & filed slightly to give the gel something to grip onto.

Personally I would just do the crystal nail in sog and then the rest of the nails in acrylic (if it's just the ring finger for example that they wanted to be crystalised).

I use Cuccio soak off gel (to eliminate the need for filing through all those crystals).

I do a thin base coat, cure, another layer and place crystals then full cure, another thin coat over the top. They do loose some shine but are still very sparkley and last for 4+ weeks looking fab.

Mine have now been on for nearly 8 weeks (been meaning to take them off for last 4 weeks but I've not had enough time to remove them and replace them and can't face the thought of naked toes now lol).

Firstly baggybear, I love your work!

Can you do the crystals with gel if you have a cert in pedicure or do you need another cert? X

You do usually need a gel certificate to work with gel for insurance but the only way to know if this is requried by your insurance is to ring them and ask.

Also, can you tell me what crystals it is you buy? There are so many :-s x

I use soak off gel as I dont fancy buffing off the gems & I do:

Prep Nail
Dehydrator
Very thin gel layer
Cure
Thin layer of gel &
Apply Crystals
Cure
another coat to fill any gaps
Cure
Wipe with cleanse

What do you use to apply the crystals? Tweezers or Embellie Gellie?

What do you use to apply the crystals? Tweezers or Embellie Gellie?
I have used a few different things to apply the crystals, the ones that work for me are:

An orangewood stick with the end dipped in a bit of water
The handle of my rubber hoof stick with a small amount of gel on it
An orangewood stick or dotting tool witha bit of blue/white tac on it

If I'm doing Minx/wraps with crystal toes I usually end up using my hoof stick as it's there and easily accessible, if I'm just doing the crystals toes I use whatever is at hand.

I do find having the pot of crystals as close to the toe I'm working on important too.

Thought I should add that I have now changed my application a little because I found a fabulous new soak off top coat that keeps the crystals super sparkly.

So my routine is now:

Prep Nail
Dehydrator
Very thin gel layer
Cure
Thin layer of gel &
Apply Crystals
Cure
Apply a small amount of Eco Universal Soak Off Top Coat*
Cure
Apply a little more top coat if needed
Wipe with cleanse

*The top coat is VERY thin and runny so I prefer to do 2 applications to ensure all the crystals are embedded but not flooded with top coat.

I like to do my crystals really really neatly :D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346584295.828532.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346584295.828532.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 3,159

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346584611.204852.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1346584611.204852.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 2,075
I don't.... Lol! ;-)

I prefer this style. Im not a fan of the uniform lines personally and love the look of mixed sizes x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I prefer this style. Im not a fan of the uniform lines personally and love the look of mixed sizes x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I also find it less obvious when any stones are lost

Love the crystals curvy girl,I am going to do similar but with crystals on big toe only and silver glitter rockstar on other nails. :)

How much do you guys charge per crystal? Ive done the maths and was thinking 20p each as this will make pricing easier for people who only want a part set or the odd crystal :)

Just tried out a new technique using the shellac method...lets see how they last...they seem to have not lost any sparkle! :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350821641.353272.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350821641.353272.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 769
picture.php

Holiday Toes for one of my Favourite clients! So much more blingey in real life!

Latest posts

Back