Swarovski crystal pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyBySophi

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I did the swarovski pedicure course at nsi recently and the past 2 sets i have done (luckily have only been my mum and a friend) They have lost a few crystals within a day at on th free edge.

Please could someone HELP or give any advise on how i can resolve this.

Thank you :) :biggrin:

Hi

How do NSI instruct you to apply the crystals? I am having troubles perfecting my crystal pedicure too, but if we knew how they tell you to apply some other geeks might be able to help. Also have you tried contacting NSI?

xx

It all depaends on how they are being put on as said above x

Nsi told us to apply the polish pro base coat then apply the crystals one by one around the outside first in a square all the way around the nail, then fill in the middle. They said not to apply a top coat but others on different threads have said to apply a top coat?

It sounds to me like you just don't have enough product on the nail to hold the crystals on for any length of time.

If you applied a base then a colour and set them into the slightly thicker colour coat (even a clear or light colour) then they would have more chance of staying put but a top coat would definatley help to secure them for real longevity.

I'm using the Eco Universal High Gloss Top Coat now and so far have found there to be no loss of sparkle on the crystals are staying put.

These are my toes & have been on 2 weeks now, they are a nightmare to photograph as they are so shiney:
Untitled.jpg

Thanks Baggybear, I'll try that tomorrow and order the top coat in.

Thank you very much
P.S Love your toes

xx

Thanks Baggybear, I'll get it ordered asap
xx

baggybear do you use a uv topcoat and cure under the lamp? also i love your other toes, are these nail wraps? I also loved the red toes on the red crystal pedicure you did, were these also wraps? can this uv topcoat be used ontop of normal polish too?

baggybear do you use a uv topcoat and cure under the lamp? also i love your other toes, are these nail wraps? I also loved the red toes on the red crystal pedicure you did, were these also wraps? can this uv topcoat be used ontop of normal polish too?
Yes the Eco top coat is a UV one that needs to be cured under UV light.

My 4 small toes in the pic above are moo Minx and the red set were red lightning wraps. I use Lynx:
(All Nail Wraps - Lynx Nails and Beauty)
Chix:
(Chix Nail Wraps, Nail Wraps & Foils)
and Minx
(MINX)
(Ellisons | Professional hair and beauty products | free delivery over £50 - Beauty/Nails manicure and pedicure/Minx -> Minx nails)

The Eco top coat says it's for over any soak off gel so I wouldn't think it will go over normal polish but you could ring them and ask.

Latest posts

Back