Swarovski crystals disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the Eco Top Coat arrived today. They are a fraction sparklier but nowhere near true bling.

As I'm putting them on they seem to lose their bling. I used an orange wood stick to pick the crystals up.

They look like diamonds in the bag and as I put them on they turn to stone 😢

It can't be a problem with the top coat as they look the same before I apply it. 😥😥😥😥😥

I've ordered a Gel bond in the hope that will work.

Be careful with the gel bond if that touches them they go quite cloudy! Best way to do it using gel bond is like in design by designs youtube video. Also maybe try a wax pencil to use to pick them up you can get one off ebay then you don't have to let any top coat touch them.

Can the eco layer be used over shellac?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Yes, I thought that's what was happening. So one hand I picked up with my Shellac Top coat and the 2nd hand I picked up with the Eco Top Coat.

The Eco Top Coat hand is MUCH shinier but still not bling. Does anyone have any photo's they could post. Maybe I'm expecting too much?

Better still, is there a Geek in Kent that I could go to and have the Swarovski toes done (I'd pay full rate) and see how it's done? x
Where abouts in kent are you, we are in ashford and would be happy to do them for you we would give you 25% discount as well. I had them on my toes all summer and got sooooo many lovely comments just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to get my toes out :Love:

Where abouts in kent are you, we are in ashford and would be happy to do them for you we would give you 25% discount as well. I had them on my toes all summer and got sooooo many lovely comments just waiting for the weather to warm up a bit to get my toes out :Love:

I'm going to PM you! x

Have you tried doing the full procedure with genuine swarovski crystals instead of rhinestones? as I find any top coat including Eco dulls rhinestones but it doesn't on the swarovski's I think it's because the rhinestones are acrylic xxx

I have been using the Swarovski crystals on me. I was only using the rhinestones to try and get my speed up for application 😊 x

Hi Nemo, can i ask what pink you used in your first photo please? Its lovely x

Just want to check something, how are you picking the crystals/Swarovski crystals up?

When I do it, I put the top coat n my nail, use a very small dotting tool with a tiny bit of blue tac and just touch the crystal and then put in the top coat, then with ther end push the crystal down do the top coat goes over the edge of the crystal.

get a lint free pad slight bit of acetone on it.. barely damp like.. and rub lightly over the crystals :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just want to check something, how are you picking the crystals/Swarovski crystals up?

When I do it, I put the top coat n my nail, use a very small dotting tool with a tiny bit of blue tac and just touch the crystal and then put in the top coat, then with ther end push the crystal down do the top coat goes over the edge of the crystal.

I did think it may have something to do with how I was picking than up... I use an orange wood stick and then dampened it using the Eco Top Coat.

get a lint free pad slight bit of acetone on it.. barely damp like.. and rub lightly over the crystals :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

After I'd applied the Eco Top Coat, I used a bit of dsphere on my finger and gently rubbed on top but it didn't make a difference. I'll try acetone instead.

Hi Nemo, can i ask what pink you used in your first photo please? Its lovely x

It started off as Shellac Gotcha. I then used an Irresistible Glitter that I got at Pro Beauty but can't remember the name. Think it was part of their neon 3 that came in a tube x

Try with some blue tac or damp end of orange stick with a little water and I would not advice using acetone as could cause service breakdown, might not but best not to risk it. Acetone on gel polish etc is a remover not a cleanser.

You need to make sure your using true Swarovski crystals and put your top coat on slightly thicker than normal, then pick up crystal and push into the top coat, when all placed cure.

Try with some blue tac or damp end of orange stick with a little water and I would not advice using acetone as could cause service breakdown, might not but best not to risk it. Acetone on gel polish etc is a remover not a cleanser.

You need to make sure your using true Swarovski crystals and put your top coat on slightly thicker than normal, then pick up crystal and push into the top coat, when all placed cure.

I'll give everything you've advised a try and give it another go today. It's got to be something I'm doing as the Swarovski Crystals sparkle like diamonds until I put them on. I will update later on when I've finished work x

Good luck Hun, I'm sure it's something simple like gel on the crystal, you'll get there :)

Also which Swarovski crystals are you using? There are different types, I would def recommend the xilion rose cut as more blingy, the rose cut can sometimes loose a bit off bling when they go in the top coat as it covers part of the cut that helps them twinkle.

Good luck Hun, I'm sure it's something simple like gel on the crystal, you'll get there :)

Also which Swarovski crystals are you using? There are different types, I would def recommend the xilion rose cut as more blingy, the rose cut can sometimes loose a bit off bling when they go in the top coat as it covers part of the cut that helps them twinkle.

I'm using the Xillion Rose Enhanced Crystals, style 2058. Are there better ones?

Just seen Xillion Rose Crystal AB! Should I have got them??? 💎😟😩😫😥

The crystal are fine, the ab are lovely too, I do use them a lot and the Dillon are the best IMO x

So, I finally did my first Swarovski Pedicure using 2.2mm crystals on all the toenails. What do you think? I still can't see bling, but I've showed a few people and they all said they looked lovely. Maybe I'm immune :p

So, I finally did my first Swarovski Pedicure using 2.2mm crystals on all the toenails. What do you think? I still can't see bling, but I've showed a few people and they all said they looked lovely. Maybe I'm immune :p

Would help if I uploaded the picture!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364158455.825986.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364158455.825986.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 294

Latest posts

Back