Swarovski crystals disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use ab crystals for everything unless client requests otherwise, you can't beat the shine on them

Are you putting on just a teeny bit of top coat and really spreading it out over the crystals?

Eco top coat keeps the bling factor for me and some of my clients have even said they think they are MORE blingy with the Eco top coat.

I actually have a hard time photographing them as they are soo blingy:

Crystalhearts.jpg

CrystalheartswithMinxlusions.jpg

And a few weeks later when grown out a little:
crystalhearttoes_zps29454372.jpg

Yes, I used the Eco Top Coat. I applied thinly in 2 coats as it was runny. I took these photo's on a proper camera as my phone wasn't doing a good job. Not good?:(

When you run your finger over the crystals are they flat or can you feel a dip between them all?

Do you think you may have applied too much top coat. You really do just need a teeny bit and it then runs down to the base of the crystals and holds them fast.
I do 2 aplications but I wouldn't call them coats, I dab a teeny bit of top coat on and spread it over the whole nail and cure then do the same again just to make sure I have not missed any crystals.

Just my tuppence worth... I use brush on nail glue, apply it to a small area of the nail, pick up the crystals with my wax pencil. Apply crystal design, use a slight bit of Gelicure top coats over crystals, leave for 30 seconds, and then cure for 2 minutes. I did this Swarovski pedicure last year with this method and they stayed on for weeks, I just infilled them. They were on from June to October!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364160425.806984.jpg (this photo was taken 5 weeks after application, I took it to advertise how long it was lasting as I was trialling it out on me before offering it to clients).

Or, I've discovered another method. Apply builder gel onto nail (I use Bio Sculpture S gel), set crystals in, cure for 2 minutes, apply gelicure top coat, leave for 30 seconds, cure for 2 minutes.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364160521.460845.jpg (the sparkle in this is completely natural. Sometimes I use the kirakira camera app that i bought a few weeks ago, but I didn't need to in this photo!!)

When you run your finger over the crystals are they flat or can you feel a dip between them all?

Do you think you may have applied too much top coat. You really do just need a teeny bit and it then runs down to the base of the crystals and holds them fast.
I do 2 aplications but I wouldn't call them coats, I dab a teeny bit of top coat on and spread it over the whole nail and cure then do the same again just to make sure I have not missed any crystals.

I can still feel gaps in between. When I do my next set, I'll apply even less top coat and see what happens. I could do Swarovski Crystal Pedicures all day long! I loved it :) Just need to crack the shine now :grr:

Hi nemo

I'm in whitstable Kent, just about to try sworvski mani so if I have any better luck ill let you know,maybe we could service swap.xxx

Hi nemo

I'm in whitstable Kent, just about to try sworvski mani so if I have any better luck ill let you know,maybe we could service swap.xxx

I would be very interested in doing that! Let me know how you get on x

I did these today using the Eco top coat and there still very blingy. I'm testing to see which lasts best, on my right hand I used CND Gelbond and topped it with the Eco topcoat, and on my left I just used Eco topcoat.

I used a super thin coat which is easy to do with this product as it so runny. I'll let you know how I get on, poke me if I forget lol :)

Attachments

• Shellac Cocoa & swarovski.jpg
    Shellac Cocoa & swarovski.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 225
  • Shellac cocoa with Swarovski's.jpg
    Shellac cocoa with Swarovski's.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 204
I did these today using the Eco top coat and there still very blingy. I'm testing to see which lasts best, on my right hand I used CND Gelbond and topped it with the Eco topcoat, and on my left I just used Eco topcoat.

I used a super thin coat which is easy to do with this product as it so runny. I'll let you know how I get on, poke me if I forget lol :)

These are lovely. Is that Shellac cocoa you used? if so didn't you use the Shellac top coat? X

I use the shellac topcoat with no problem and my Swarovski crystals are very blingy and last, ones I have at the moment have been on for ages and no last crystals, I just did the topcoat, pushed them firmly down and then cured, if you want you can pop some extra with a dotting tool round, if using Eco over shellac I do shellac topcoat and then Eco then crystals, so be completed the shellac system. But that's just me.

I did these in shellac topcoat on march 14th and no lost crystals :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364283477.013979.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364283477.013979.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 217
I did these in shellac topcoat on march 14th and no lost crystals :)

Lovely! Which crystals are these? And what sizes have you used? Thanks!X x

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

These are lovely. Is that Shellac cocoa you used? if so didn't you use the Shellac top coat? X

Yes I still used the complete system, I used the shellac top coat to seal the shellac on all nails, then I went on to use the Eco top coat just for the crystals, So no sandwiches :)

Maybe its a bit more of a faf, but I do find the crystals are more blingy using the Eco top to seal than using the Shellac top, I think its down to consistency as its so runny compared to the Shellac.

Thanks, they a Swarovski crystals in rosé crystal ab in size ss3 ss5 ss7 Xilion cut from scatter crystals :)

Thanks, they a Swarovski crystals in rosé crystal ab in size ss3 ss5 ss7 Xilion cut from scatter crystals :)

Thanks! Definitely getting some of these bought? Are ss3 the smallest size available? X

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

It's the smallest I would buy if they do smaller I wouldn't bother as these a small enough lol

The saga continues...I did my first set on Sunday, sent my friend off...

She went to body pump and a spin class and had 2 hot baths and has been walking 2 miles quickly in her heels between Sunday night and last night and lost 15 crystals on all her toes. Seems the be the ones on the free edge only.

I applied following BaggyBears method of Eco Top Coat to seal them in. Did I not put enough top coat at the free edge and this had caused them to come off? Should I use Gel Bond to stick them down one by one before Eco Topping next time?

I am very frustrated! I still have all the crystals on my ring fingers that I put on a week ago using the same method and I've been working all week! Granted my fingers aren't in shoes but I've not been careful.

Any guidance and advice would be greatly appreciated x

If she went to body pump and spin classes her feet were obviously in trainers which may have been tight against the crystals and loosened them. I think you need to remember these things aren't indestructible and her activities obviously haven't helped things x

Latest posts

Back