Swarovski crystals with gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miichelle211

Reaction score
I only just got Swarovski crystals and have put them on a few clients so far. One of my clients messaged me today saying 4 have fallen off after only 4 days :( I put glue on the sticky layer of gel polish then pressed the Swarovski crystals in the glue.. then top coated

has anyone got a better method?

I did my gel polish treatment then final layer of topcat I put a lil thicker and push the crystals into the thicker gel and cure.. The joy of doing the gel a little thicker is that the bevalled base of the crystal is literally held in place.
I do the same for gel enhancements using a glaze and go topcoat and putting the crystals into that
HTH

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

do you then top coat over the top? iv noticed top coating on top of the crystals takes the shine away a bit but I thought it would hold them in place better :rolleyes:

When I do crystals mine last the full length of the nails.
I finish with top coat and cure, remove the sticky layer and then apply a small amount of glue and attach the crystals with the glue. I DON'T apply anything on top of the crystals as this takes the shine off them. They don't come off with glue x

When I do crystals mine last the full length of the nails.
I finish with top coat and cure, remove the sticky layer and then apply a small amount of glue and attach the crystals with the glue. I DON'T apply anything on top of the crystals as this takes the shine off them. They don't come off with glue x

What glue do you use? Xx

do you then top coat over the top? iv noticed top coating on top of the crystals takes the shine away a bit but I thought it would hold them in place better :rolleyes:

No I don't top coat over the crystals, I find a nice loaded amount of gel topcoat and pushed in crystals and cured hold fab as they are.
The trick is to push the crystals into the gel topcoat so their wide base holds tight after curing.
I'm not sure how else to explain what I mean.
These are my bridal nails I did a fortnight ago, they've lasted completely and through a honeymoon, kids stuff, work n basicly a very hands on lady and all are still there and looking perfect.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375791948.417500.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1375791948.417500.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 227
Okay I will need to try that next time :) thanks for your help!

I was also going to suggest applying your topcoat gel all over the nail as usual to finish and then apply it a bit thicker where you want to apply the crystals.

Apply the crystals and then cure.

You can seal over again with your topcoat gel, but yes, it will take the bright shine off the crystals Having said that, you will be more confident that it will guarantee you won't get clients back complaining that crystals have fallen out.

regards
Gina

Latest posts

Back