Swarovski pedi - how long does it take you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
Taking me around 2.5 hours on clients, I can do it in 2 hours when I do it on my own toes (no client to distract me)

Am I slow or is this the norm? I am a total perfectionist so that won't be helping my speed in any way ...

Hi hun, if you check-out the Groups there is one for this that has loads of info on, hth:)

Hi hun, if you check-out the Groups there is one for this that has loads of info on, hth:)

I've already checked the group as I am a member of it - there's nothing about time taken to complete the service.

Hi,

I can do it in 1 hour 15 mins but i'm like you, get me talking and it could take alot longer!!

H xx

When I do my own toes it takes me about 3 hours to do full prep, 4 small toes Minx/wraps and the big toes in crystals.

It takes that long and sometimes longer on me as I like to try and strech my legs and back as often as I can during the service and I usually end up having some sort or patern or other in my crystals not just all one colour crystals (& my toenails are always nice and long too lol).

On a client I allow 3 hours - to set up complete the 10 toes and pack away again and leave - the actual prep, minx/wraps aplication and crysatal aplication in gel prob takes about 2 hours without interuption (but that is a very rare thing - clients usually need the loo etc. as well as talk lots) I too am a perfectionist (& it is a curse for me in this industry).

When I do my own toes it takes me about 3 hours to do full prep, 4 small toes Minx/wraps and the big toes in crystals.

It takes that long and sometimes longer on me as I like to try and strech my legs and back as often as I can during the service and I usually end up having some sort or patern or other in my crystals not just all one colour crystals (& my toenails are always nice and long too lol).

On a client I allow 3 hours - to set up complete the 10 toes and pack away again and leave - the actual prep, minx/wraps aplication and crysatal aplication in gel prob takes about 2 hours without interuption (but that is a very rare thing - clients usually need the loo etc. as well as talk lots) I too am a perfectionist (& it is a curse for me in this industry).

Hi Baggybear. I know you're an expert in this field and have probably answered this before! I've ordered some Swarovski crystals and I'm going to do my toes this weekend. I read somewhere to always start at the free edge and work back (doing a line down the centre) but then I read somewhere else that it's best to start at the cuticle? In your opinion, which is the best method. Thanks. X

I start at the cuticle and place as many crystals on as I can. I do not aim for uniform lines, I get as many crystals as I can on the nail as close to each other as possible without them lipping each other to maximise the spakle and minimise the gaps showing the nail underneath.

The only time I worry about crystal placement over gaps is if I'm doing a french tip look and even then I try to pack on as many crystals as possible to the main area of the nail and then apply the acent colour along the tip and move the main colour crystals as little as possible to fill any gaps created along the join so that the main colour and accent colour meet nicely but I leave gaps as small as possible between all the crystals.

Hope the above description makes sense to you.

I do it using Shellac, it takes me no more then 1.5 hours total.
I like a nice uniform looking crystal pedi and start with a line down the middle but keep small gaps between crystals to allow me a bit of space if i need to nudge them a little for a neat fit- its small enough not to notice really though.

I find a neat set up and a good method to pick the crystals up makes a big difference to speed- it would take much longer if i struggled to pick up the crystals.

I start at the cuticle and place as many crystals on as I can. I do not aim for uniform lines, I get as many crystals as I can on the nail as close to each other as possible without them lipping each other to maximise the spakle and minimise the gaps showing the nail underneath.

The only time I worry about crystal placement over gaps is if I'm doing a french tip look and even then I try to pack on as many crystals as possible to the main area of the nail and then apply the acent colour along the tip and move the main colour crystals as little as possible to fill any gaps created along the join so that the main colour and accent colour meet nicely but I leave gaps as small as possible between all the crystals.

Hope the above description makes sense to you.

Thank you. That's perfectly clear! X

I do it using Shellac, it takes me no more then 1.5 hours total.
I like a nice uniform looking crystal pedi and start with a line down the middle but keep small gaps between crystals to allow me a bit of space if i need to nudge them a little for a neat fit- its small enough not to notice really though.

I find a neat set up and a good method to pick the crystals up makes a big difference to speed- it would take much longer if i struggled to pick up the crystals.

Thank you. Once I get them I'll have a play to see which look I like. Can't wait! X

So i'm not being a slow coach taking 2.5 hours- that's arelief! Maybe i take longer as i don't do uniform placement, I use 5 different sizes of Swarovskis, placed randomly but the same ratio on the same toe on the other foot. I don't know of anyone else who does it this way, but as Swarovski themselves do it both ways (uniform size and multi size) that's good enough for me x

For me the placing of crystals is quite quick, I'm just such a perfectionist I always seem to take a while getting everything the way I want them lol.

hi guys

I have being reading all the posts regarding the swarovski pedi. I have also checked the group but cant find an awnser to my question: what do you charge for this service? I am in south africa and they dont offer this here yet so I would like to know as much as possible.

Also am I correct in saying that you don't do a full pedi first then apply the gems, you just basicly sanitise the feet no pedi and continue?

in South africa if we market it as Swarovski pedicure, people here expect a full pedi so how eles can i market this?

thank you for your help.

hi guys

I have being reading all the posts regarding the swarovski pedi. I have also checked the group but cant find an awnser to my question: what do you charge for this service? I am in south africa and they dont offer this here yet so I would like to know as much as possible.

Also am I correct in saying that you don't do a full pedi first then apply the gems, you just basicly sanitise the feet no pedi and continue?

in South africa if we market it as Swarovski pedicure, people here expect a full pedi so how eles can i market this?

thank you for your help.

How about using the word toes instead of pedicure? X

I retail mine as Swarovski Crystal Toes but do the all the pediwork anyway ( except the soak) as would be worried that if if didn't, the shellac would not stay on...

Hi ya random question do you need separate training. In order to get insured I am level 2 and 3 qualified. Level 2 obviously includes Mani unit... Thank for your help!!!
X

Hi ya random question do you need separate training. In order to get insured I am level 2 and 3 qualified. Level 2 obviously includes Mani unit... Thank for your help!!!
X
You need to be trained in whatever product you use to attach the crystals, so if your going to use resin you will need to be qualified to do fibreglas nails. If your going to use a gel then you need to be qualified in gels. If your going to use Shellac then you need to have a mani qualification (as this is the minimum required to use Shellac).

So you could do a crystal pedi course and then be qualified to do a crystal pedi with whatever product you are trained with on the course OR you could use a product you are already qualified to use (so long as your insurance company agree that you are qualified and they will cover you).

Just a quicky, what do you use to pick up the crystals? I purchased one of those white pencils but it doesn't seem to work very well. I used it dry and also tried dabbing it onto a pad with water to see if that would help. I've also tried an orangewood stick with a tint bit of blue tac but the crystals won't release well, any tips peeps?

Just a quicky, what do you use to pick up the crystals? I purchased one of those white pencils but it doesn't seem to work very well. I used it dry and also tried dabbing it onto a pad with water to see if that would help. I've also tried an orangewood stick with a tint bit of blue tac but the crystals won't release well, any tips peeps?

I use one of the pencils and I love it. Have you tried sharpening it?

Latest posts

Back