Swarovski pedi!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystal tips

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope everyone is well? I am going to be doing a Swarovski pedi on myself with shellac! Just wondering would I set the crystals into the 2nd coat of colour snd cure then top coat over them or is just curing them in top coat enough to hold them in place????

Yes and you can always do a couple of Top coats xx

Thanks Hun so the top coat doesn't dull the crystals then? Xxx

Ok So here they are! Firstly it is so so hard to do on yourself, completely the wrong angle! Second it's difficult to try and make some sort of order without leaving gaps! Third the top coat really took away the multi faceted twinkle! Really gutted but soooo can't be assed to re do them, do they look kind of ok? Xxxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336080932.932992.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336080932.932992.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 496
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336080974.900331.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336080974.900331.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 512
Ok So here they are! ....... Second it's difficult to try and make some sort of order without leaving gaps!........... do they look kind of ok? Xxxx
I have never tried to get the gems to be uniform, I always pack on as many as I can fit as this covers the entire nail and sparkles like mad 'bling, bling'.

I think they look lovely and you have done a great job on yourself as it ain't easy - like you say, but I do think that if you had just got as many crystals on your nail as you could without trying for uniformity that you would have had more bling and maybe you would have liked them more as you seem to me to come accross a little unhappy with them.

Thanks baggy bear I am unhappy:( before I put top coat on it was hurting my eyes looking at them as they were soooo blingy and different colours from every angle they literally had the "Colgate" Ching coming from them and now they r just silver :( I updated my Facebook saying I needed guinea pigs and have had a few offers so will try curing shellac then sticking on with nail glue and see how that turns out! Thank u cxx

I recently bought Eco universal high gloss top coat and have used it over my latest crystal pedicure (the moo minx one) and I have to say that the shine is just a blingy if not more so with the top coat on.

I also did my first client with it on Tuesday and I showed her as I was putting the top coat on to the original crystals and I asked her did she think they lost any shine and she said she thinks they got more spakly with the top coat on them. :D

I have another crystal pedicure to do on Sat so will ask that client too as I put the top coat on her opinion to see if she thinks they loose any sparkle or get sparklyier (if that is even a word lol) and I will let you know her opinion.

I'm waiting on photo's of the purple and silver set I did on Tues but will be sure to post pics as son as I get them and I will ensure my phone is charged to take pics of Sat's crystal pedicure too.

Cheers Hun where did u buy it from? Xxx

U are fab baggy bear soooo helpful and u know everything!!! Xxx

Hi Baggybear

Do you have a picture of the Moo Minx ones you did using the new top coat?

Thanks

xx

They have been a nightmare to photograph as they are too blingy and so far I have only managed to get 1 pic that shows them ok, it's not the best pic but it shows my toes off okish lol.
When I'm Spain next week I will try to get a better pic in natural light as the pic is just not showing them off well enough.

Untitled.jpg

Wow they look great! I am currently driving myself mad with trying to perfect a crystal pedicure at the moment. If I use gelcolor and put them in uncured topcoat, they dont last unless you put topcoat over which definately dulls the crystals. I have tried gelbond, but that seems to make lots of the crystals cloudy (which is possibly down to me using too much glue!). Please can you let us know how your next crystal pedi goes using the new topcoat and whether you and the customer thinks they are still as sparkly after application.

xx

I truley believe there is no loss of sparkle with the Eco universal top coat over the crystals.

It is a really thin runny top coat so it runs down the crystals to the base and as long as the free edge is sealed with builder gel then they should stay put too. My crystals have been on 2 weeks and are still super sparkly :D.

When I do the set tomorrow evening I will defo let you all know if the client also thinks they stay as shiney or get even more so with the top coat & I will do my best to get pics too. I think the client is going to go with the green and silver french again (as she has had several crystal peds now).

I truley believe there is no loss of sparkle with the Eco universal top coat over the crystals.

It is a really thin runny top coat so it runs down the crystals to the base and as long as the free edge is sealed with builder gel then they should stay put too. My crystals have been on 2 weeks and are still super sparkly :D.

When I do the set tomorrow evening I will defo let you all know if the client also thinks they stay as shiney or get even more so with the top coat & I will do my best to get pics too. I think the client is going to go with the green and silver french again (as she has had several crystal peds now).

Hi Baggybear

Can you tell me what you charge for full crystal pedi and big toes only. Also do you do crystal mani and how much, This topcoat sounds great, do you know if you can use it over shellac. thanks. Ax

They have been a nightmare to photograph as they are too blingy and so far I have only managed to get 1 pic that shows them ok, it's not the best pic but it shows my toes off okish lol.
When I'm Spain next week I will try to get a better pic in natural light as the pic is just not showing them off well enough.

Untitled.jpg

OMG you couldn't possibly get a better picture, they are stunning!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Hi Baggybear

Can you tell me what you charge for full crystal pedi and big toes only. Also do you do crystal mani and how much, This topcoat sounds great, do you know if you can use it over shellac. thanks. Ax

I charge:
£25 for Minx
£20 for my other wraps

£45 for silver crystal big toe with other wraps
£50 for silver crystal big toe with Minx
£50 for coloured crystal big toe with other wraps
£55 for coloured crystal big toe with Minx

Not been asked for a full crystal pedicure yet but I would charge £70 for silver crystals or £80 for coloured crystals.

Don't do crystal mani's - I tend to do more work on feet than I do hands (thankfully I don't mind feet lol).

Being a universal soak off gel it is advertised as being suitable for use over 'any soak off gel' so although using it with Shellac would mean your not using the complete system I think when it's actually over cyrstals more than it being over the shellac it would be fine (meaning I wouldn't say to use it in a normal Shelac service instead of the Shelac top coat but with a crystal pedi/mani the top coat is over crystals not over the colour coat IFKWIM), the only way to know for sure if it will work and still soak off the same would be to buy some and try it.

Best price I could get it from a beauty place (through their ebay shop as it's cheaper).
ECO UNIVERSAL SOAK OFF UV GEL TOP COAT SEALER HIGH GLOSS SHINE 15ml | eBay

ECO UNIVERSAL SOAK OFF UV GEL TOP COAT SEALER HIGH GLOSS SHINE 75ml | eBay

This evenings crystal pedicure client and her mate both agreed that there is no loss of shine or sparkle when the top coat is put over the crystals, they definatley stay super sparkly.

Will post a pic of them tommorow after I've got it onto the computer off my mobile :wink2:

This evenings crystal pedicure client and her mate both agreed that there is no loss of shine or sparkle when the top coat is put over the crystals, they definatley stay super sparkly.

Will post a pic of them tommorow after I've got it onto the computer off my mobile :wink2:

well, that's enough proof for me.. the Eco U/V topcoat has just been purchased! Will give it a go on my own Swarovski pedi which I shall take a nurofen or two in preparation for the backache i will suffer in the process...:irked: x

Do you cure the gel then set them in the sticky layer then apply topcoat, cure & off you go? x

Latest posts

Back