Swarovski pedis/Shellac-feel like not offering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
at my wits end - the Swarovski pedi lasted 5 weeks on my toes ( i only removed them as nails were getting too long and rubbed when out for a run)

anyway, used the same method on 2 ladies, 2 weeks ago and both have had real problems keeping stones on. Both have had to come back for repairs - (one has had to come twice)

There's sooooo many posts on here about Shellac not being strong enough to hold stones (which i took with a pinch of salt at the time), but now I'm beginning to agree. I would rather take the service off my list than put Shellac topcoat over the stones as they compromise the lustre so much.

so...I need to know...

does anyone use a soak off sculpture gel to secure the stones?. I don't want to use Brisa as can't imagine trying to buff those crystals off the nail.

Am really fed up as it reflects badly on me - I've been promoting Swarovski toes really heavily and have another 7 sets to do in the next 2 weeks. I'm tempted 2 ring those clients and explain as I can't guarantee the service to last the normal 3 weeks, i'm pulling it altogether. I'm starting to dread the phone ringing in case it's another client telling me she's lost more stones.

so my question (again) is - does anyone use a soak off sculpture gel for Swarovski pedis, that doesn't need a topcoat (it's not the end of the world if a TC is needed, but would rather not so the sparkle is left on)

please, help me, you lovely fellow geeks - I just wanna cry:sad:

*sorry for the long post*

Last edited:
So it lasted 5 weeks on you and suddenly you are doubting Shellac can last?? That makes no sense at all, does it?

Here is your answer. Interesting.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/183872-can-nail-geek-give-me-definitive-answer-please.html

There will always be clients who trash your work ... So bearing that in mind are you going to remove all services from your menu? A beautiful crystal manicure needs to be treated nicely and some clients just don't ... Many wear I'll fitting shoes ... Not all have strong nails, so they bend when crammed into trainers etc. advise your clients to be mindful and think about what they are doing.

Last edited:
I use brush on resin and activator for my pedis the stones say put for weeks lol I also found they didnt stop on as long for Shellac. I have also used Brisa on my own toes and they stayed on for ages.

Hi I also use brush on resin and activator with no problems so far, caroline how many layers do you do please? I usually do 3 xx

It's really odd that it doesn't stop on some people using shellac.

I put them in my layer of topcoat and I don't seal them with topcoat and they last for weeks and weeks.

I currently have french shellac on my toes with pink crystal flowers and have been on there for 4 weeks already and still as perfect and shiny as when I did them. They don't budge.

Can resin be soaked off?

I've just texted a lady whose toes I did on Monday, just a friendly text asking how they are and if she's regularly applying her SO. She is one of those ladies who takes great pride in her appearance.

Her reply:

"Yea they are fab!! All intact n oil put on 3 times a day :))x"

So maybe it isn't my fault, but i can't help but worry. Gonna order some gelbond today and start fixing them to the free edge just to be sure as Geeg said in the other thread.

Xx

Last edited:
I use brush on resin and activator for my pedis the stones say put for weeks lol.
Hi how do you do this please? I've not had any experience using activator.

I use star brush on resin and brush it on in rows fix the crystals and then once I've done all the toes a spray on the activator and all gems stick for ages lol x

Sorry to hijack this thread, I've done a search for step by step application, but can't find any threads 😭

Would somebody mind talking me through this? I've read on one thread that you use Minx wraps underneath, and then in others that you apply the crystal into the nail.

Confused 😁

Thanks 😘😘

Sarah22:
If you search fro crystal pedicure there are loads and loads and loads of threads. If you search for crystal pedicure application there will still be loads of threads that come up to read through.

There is no right or wrong way to apply crystals, there is no right or wrong product to use, there is no right or wrong place to buy crystals or a specific size you have to buy.

Crystal pedicures can be applied over Minx if you want to, or direct to the nail, neither would be wrong. If your interested in doing crystal pedicures it will pay you to read through the hundreds of threads as you will find answers to questions you didn't even know you would ask and you will find many ways of applying the crystals, pictures of peoples work, recommendations on what size is best, where to buy them, if you should top coat or not and many many more interesting things.

Get yourself a cuppa, some snacks and sit yourself down for a few hours of reading, it will be worth it I promise.

Sarah22:
If you search fro crystal pedicure there are loads and loads and loads of threads. If you search for crystal pedicure application there will still be loads of threads that come up to read through.

There is no right or wrong way to apply crystals, there is no right or wrong product to use, there is no right or wrong place to buy crystals or a specific size you have to buy.

Crystal pedicures can be applied over Minx if you want to, or direct to the nail, neither would be wrong. If your interested in doing crystal pedicures it will pay you to read through the hundreds of threads as you will find answers to questions you didn't even know you would ask and you will find many ways of applying the crystals, pictures of peoples work, recommendations on what size is best, where to buy them, if you should top coat or not and many many more interesting things.

Get yourself a cuppa, some snacks and sit yourself down for a few hours of reading, it will be worth it I promise.

Silly me, I was searching for "Swarovski pedicure"!! Thanks so much Baggybear!! 😄😘😘

This is my attempt at a Swarovski pedicure... What do you all think? Criticism welcome!! Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340657711.812898.jpg

I use star brush on resin and brush it on in rows fix the crystals and then once I've done all the toes a spray on the activator and all gems stick for ages lol x
Thanks will give it a go

Latest posts

Back