Swarovski's with Shellac- only lasted a couple of days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.a.m.x

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this is normal please? I put a crystal on each thumb on Tuesday night when doing my French Shellac and by this morning they were both off. I didn't expect them to last the full 2 weeks but thought they might have lasted at least over the weekend!

I did my french as normal, put on a top coat, placed the crystals on, cured, another top coat, cured, wiped with dpserse.

I want to try the minnie mouse manicure so want to be sure of my order first.

Any help much appreciated :Love:

I've never tried using real swarowski crystals but when I use diamantes and like i usually glue them first with adhesive then top coat over that. They last a lot longer like that:)

Yeah glue can make them last longer also I think using a bit of structure gel and setting the diamanté in that helps to hold them too!! Xxxx

Try a bit of CND GelBond and make sure that you are really working your top coat around the crystal to help hold it in place. I do this for my Swarovski pedicures and they last for weeks, sometimes even months! x

Oops sorry I just realised you said shellac!! I was on about gelish structure gel!!! Does shellac have a similar product??? Sorry xxxxx

Thanks girls so maybe nail adhesive? Would the kind that Sallys have do? I'm not trained in L&P or Gel so not very up on my adhesives etc!

What is CND Gel bond?

Thanks in advance! xxx

I find it works best if I place them
After the 2nd colour coat has cured for 2mins but before the top coat ;-)

It sets them really well X

CND gel bond is gap filling nail adhesive & it is AMAZING ;-)))

Where you get your shellac from ask them about Cnd gel bond,

CND gel bond is gap filling nail adhesive & it is AMAZING ;-)))

Could u explAin what u men by gap filling? Sorry if I'm sounding silly! X

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

It fills in any air bubbles between the natural nail & the tip ;-)

Latest posts

Back