Sway hair extensions quality issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same problem last year with another company but only the Hair was shedding and had also changed its colour I ended up changing suppliers as they blamed it on me x
All the suppliers blame the customer because they have very little recourse with their supplier. I've imported from China for years and have finally decided to call it a day. It took me years to find a supplier whose hair I was happy with but the quality issues just kept on coming. Only Russian for me from now on!

Thankyou so much Hair Art, i had asked the question originally as felt I was the only one with clients experiencing issues. One by one they are all saying unhappy and I'm shocked at how poor this hair quality is after all the hype.
I have clients that use silver shampoos to get there hair to a silver/grey tone with absolutely no issues.
Pretty much all spend alot of money on there aftercare. And these clients having issues can get their hair to last 6months to a year. I have complete trust in them.
You're right to trust your clients. You will now as well as I do that a client can have a blip once in a while but when it's lots of them, all since using a new hair supplier, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work it out!

You're right to trust your clients. You will now as well as I do that a client can have a blip once in a while but when it's lots of them, all since using a new hair supplier, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work it out!
Yes this is the frustrating thing. Why on earth would I want to spend precious time removing clients hair and replacing (with a trusted brand) for free. Then spending time writing to the hair company. They asked for all photos to be sent of products used on the hair forst, then asked me to send back. So time taken typing printing and cost of insured postage only to agree the hair is get and broken and blame the heat tools. This particular client has spent a fortune with me over the years, all recommended aftercare.
I put the wrong invoice number for one of the packs by mistake.
I told them this had all been going on whilst trying to complete tax returns, my assistant leaving and coping with illness. So very rushed.
I can't understand that they wont take feedback as if this is the hair quality they are supplying will be detrimental to their business and thet are a new business in a huge market. I may be the first to complain direct but I won't be the last
I have long term trusted suppliers so 100% will not use or recommemd Sway hair again.
Thankyou again for your support x

received_10156394547465466.jpeg received_10156394551400466.jpeg this is an example of the Sway tape hair I recieved. This was left if of the install as could simply not fit in any more hair. So unused. Not only dry and wispy at the ends but when spread out you can see a few black hairs. This i have only ever seen in Grade 3 hair. This is from the batch I sent back for testing.

View attachment 207025 View attachment 207026 this is an example of the Sway tape hair I recieved. This was left if of the install as could simply not fit in any more hair. So unused. Not only dry and wispy at the ends but when spread out you can see a few black hairs. This i have only ever seen in Grade 3 hair. This is from the batch I sent back for testing.

Omg can’t believe how bad that looks [emoji102]

View attachment 207025View attachment 207026 this is an example of the Sway tape hair I recieved. This was left if of the install as could simply not fit in any more hair. So unused. Not only dry and wispy at the ends but when spread out you can see a few black hairs. This i have only ever seen in Grade 3 hair. This is from the batch I sent back for testing.

Why would you have fitted it to multiple clients if it was all that bad? Surely there must have been a few more batches that looked like this before they didn't give you a refund? Sorry but I'm just so confused, as sway said you clearly changed your story and it just sounds to me like you're a bit pee'd off with the brand to be honest with you because they didn't get your money back, a lot of purple shampoo's contain sulphates and parabens, which can cause the hair to go dry and can cause damage to the keratin tip (this doesn't mean that it will happen every single time) as itd be down to multiple factors such as; how long it was left on for, how damp the hair was, how much shampoo they used, whether it was put on every inch of the hair etc. So no hair company would recommend the use of purple shampoo.
I get where your coming from, but there's having an opinion and then there's going out of your way to make a brand look bad. Clients are naughty as well, and in my opinion are sometimes guilty until proven otherwise, they could have used all the correct aftercare, but also could have been holding a curling wand on each section for a minute at a time, you never know. All they can do is assess what you've said and make a decision which I think is very fair.

Why would you have fitted it to multiple clients if it was all that bad? Surely there must have been a few more batches that looked like this before they didn't give you a refund? Sorry but I'm just so confused, as sway said you clearly changed your story and it just sounds to me like you're a bit pee'd off with the brand to be honest with you because they didn't get your money back, a lot of purple shampoo's contain sulphates and parabens, which can cause the hair to go dry and can cause damage to the keratin tip (this doesn't mean that it will happen every single time) as itd be down to multiple factors such as; how long it was left on for, how damp the hair was, how much shampoo they used, whether it was put on every inch of the hair etc. So no hair company would recommend the use of purple shampoo.
I get where your coming from, but there's having an opinion and then there's going out of your way to make a brand look bad. Clients are naughty as well, and in my opinion are sometimes guilty until proven otherwise, they could have used all the correct aftercare, but also could have been holding a curling wand on each section for a minute at a time, you never know. All they can do is assess what you've said and make a decision which I think is very fair.

And also you have to appreciate that it is Indian remy hair! Indian hair is usually very dark brown/black, so it's just common sense that when you use colours such as 613, 60a, 22, 24 etc (any of the light blondes) that they are likely to go dry and not last as long as the darker colours, obviously this isn't advertised but it's just common sense, if you think you've got a bad batch, use your experience and send it back before you fit it

And also you have to appreciate that it is Indian remy hair! Indian hair is usually very dark brown/black, so it's just common sense that when you use colours such as 613, 60a, 22, 24 etc (any of the light blondes) that they are likely to go dry and not last as long as the darker colours, obviously this isn't advertised but it's just common sense, if you think you've got a bad batch, use your experience and send it back before you fit it
Hi Mikee,
Thankyou for your input.
I am certainly not just disgruntled that I didn't get my money back and would not just "try it on" your input feels slightly too personal and my post on here was to try to accetain others experience as looking at their instagram I seemed to be the only one experiencing issues.
I have been in this business a long time and an extensionist for 12 years. clients being with me since the beginning and many for years. They are experienced wearers and very good at investing in recommended products.
I was contacted by Tom Clark to use his brand, the shade chart was fab and just what myself and clients were looking for. As in any new brand I offer at a discounted rate to 3 regular clients. Starting with the brown Balayage and at first getting goid feedback. I wish I'd waited before getting excited and introducing to more. As when seeing cliemts for upkeep the condition deteriorated more and more so the black hairs present in the blonde were more visible. My blonde wearer had a pack in with her usual brand.
I will say two of the mixed brown shade clients kept going for 6 months but both said took alot if extra work.
I do appreciate and am fully away of the processing on Indian hair as i am a fully qualified colourist as well.
All of the cliemts with issues are very happy with the brands they have in now.
I've used Simply hair which is Indian remi for two years now with no issues on any clients.
And several of those have silver toner and shampoo used to create a silver.
We only use Maria nila which does not dry out the hair.
I have a waiting list for clients as currently at full capacity and take the utmost pride in my work and my ladies having the best experience. I am a perfectionist and wpuld go above and beyond.
This is a great sure for support and learning, advise and opinions but unsure why some need to get so personal in their input. Thankyou

Thankyou so much Hair Art, i had asked the question originally as felt I was the only one with clients experiencing issues. One by one they are all saying unhappy and I'm shocked at how poor this hair quality is after all the hype.
I have clients that use silver shampoos to get there hair to a silver/grey tone with absolutely no issues.
Pretty much all spend alot of money on there aftercare. And these clients having issues can get their hair to last 6months to a year. I have complete trust in them.
I have just had literally the same experience with Sway. Hair in 4 weeks and faded shedding & matting. Sway doing everything possible to get out of any liability. Did you ever get a result or is it easier to give in (as they seem to want me to). Who else do you use now for tapes ? Thanks

I have also just had the same experience after fitting extensions for many many years I have never come across such rude reply’s from what is supposed to be a reputable company. My client did everything correctly and used their own aftercare and they still say it’s heat damage…. Heat damage using your own heat defence spray and when 99% of the time my client just wears it down and wavy out of her plaits as she works at home!! Absolute joke. She hadn’t even had the hair 3 months and it’s gone from 22inch to 16inches.

I have also just had the same experience after fitting extensions for many many years I have never come across such rude reply’s from what is supposed to be a reputable company. My client did everything correctly and used their own aftercare and they still say it’s heat damage…. Heat damage using your own heat defence spray and when 99% of the time my client just wears it down and wavy out of her plaits as she works at home!! Absolute joke. She hadn’t even had the hair 3 months and it’s gone from 22inch to 16inches.
Yes, exactly the same experience. I gave in & will take it as a lesson learned. Anyone thinking of trying them all I can say is read the 1 star Reviews on Trustpilot, that many people is not a coincidence.

Can I ask who you are using now instead?

Latest posts

Back