Sway hair extensions quality issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siansy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been using Sway Hair extensions not long after were launched. Added these to my usyal ramges as the colour variations very natural and on trend. At first myself and clients loving the initial look and feel. Customer service and presentation great. But one by one all my clients have been returning for their upkeep not happy with them. The longevity is just not there. Dry and breaking at the ends and on sone higher. Several clients have one pack in with their usual hair to test for me. The usual hair brands still perfect.
These are long term clients no issues in the past. Excellent professional aftercare being used.
On Sways instagram page the results are lookimg great and the brand seems to be rapidly expanding. So feel like myself and my clients only ones having issues. Wondered if any sway users on here are experiences issues.
I have informed them and removed and sent back two clients hair for testing. X

Can I ask what other suppliers you use? To compare what quality you are normally used to x

Hi hun. Im new here so bare with me. Im a hair extensionist myself & wore the sways before offering it to my client. I loved my hair so introduced it to my clients.. i then ordered a new batch for myself and the quality was poor. My clients have all slowly disliked it too.

I used beautyworks mainly. Looking for a better brand though?

Danni

Can I ask what other suppliers you use? To compare what quality you are normally used to x
Trying not to go on and on lol. But started 12 years ago with bonded Cinderella and celebrity elite and Balmain. Never a problem. Then 2 years later being asked for micro rings used to make them myself as every brand seemed to have a short lifespan.
Discovered beauty works at salon international 4 years ago.
Pretty good, some clients love, some dislike.
Tried fabulong and not good at all. Glamourous lengths absolutely terrible.
Hair rehab. Not too bad but a bit pricey for Indian remi.
Then discover Simply Hair. Using for 2 years. Not one issue. Excellent customer service but colour range limited.so when Tom Clark contacted me about Sway, looked fab. But one by one not good on 8 week Maintenace. So upset as had raved about it and installed to a lot of regulars.
The other brand that is absolutely fantastic hair is Remi couture. X

Hi hun. Im new here so bare with me. Im a hair extensionist myself & wore the sways before offering it to my client. I loved my hair so introduced it to my clients.. i then ordered a new batch for myself and the quality was poor. My clients have all slowly disliked it too.

Danni
Thankyou Danni, although so upset and stressful have to deal with this. I am relieved its not just me and my clients. Thet spend alot of money on top quality products.
Two packs send back for testing. But all you have to do is look.
I can highly recommend Simply Hair. Used for two years now and not one issue even on my superlight 22 inch blondes. Comes in packs of 20 so great for mix and matching and more flexabilty on what your cliemts require. Free postage over £150 and always next day.
Remi couture incredible hair.
I wear tapes so only used beauty works and RC on mine. I was my hair every day and huge difference between them and beautyworks. X

Sway has been hit & miss for me.. some is lovely and it’s surprised me how long the hairs lasted. Others have been not great and complaints have complained that they don’t like the hair and they preferred what they had before.. one thing that is consistent though is that the wefts shed so badly!

Sway has been hit & miss for me.. some is lovely and it’s surprised me how long the hairs lasted. Others have been not great and complaints have complained that they don’t like the hair and they preferred what they had before.. one thing that is consistent though is that the wefts shed so badly!

Which methods do you find shed from Sway hair please?

Xx

Thankyou so much for that.
I've just had their "finding
Thankyou for that information. I've recieved my email back on their "findings"saying yes all the correct aftercare was used but blaming heat, silver shampoo "ghd's ect. The blonde weft has shed so bad and was unwearable. It was pretty pointless sending back to be honest. If early days then maybe but as they are growing in popularity can afford to be dismissive.
I've already installed new extensions to one client that had the sways removed at 7/8 weeks for free and dreading telling her of Sways response.
They are experienced long term wearers.
Also they are staying they have asked other users and so far no issues.
I shall no longer be using them thats for sure

Which methods do you find shed from Sway hair please?

Xx
I found both tapes and weft shed as well as quite fine and fragile at the ends

Danni

Can i ask did you complain to them at all?
I'm just being told they agree the hair is dry and damaged and although my client uses all the correct aftercare they can only assume that the damage is caused by heat appliances.
And cross referencing against other users, no one else has any issues.
So frustrating.

Hi Sian,

Sorry for your frustrations that was not our intentions, as advised in our email the team can only make a final decision based upon the quality of hair returned and the information provided by yourself.

On further inspection of the product we made a decision that there is damage to the hair returned, this was likely to be due that in your original email (Dated 31/01/2018 @ 15:35pm) you confirmed the client may have used silver shampoo and/or may have had contact with the extensions. Further to your email and the original document that was returned to the team you also confirmed your client was using a GHD/hair wand tool with a temperature of 200'c on a shade 60A, at a later date after requesting confirmation of the excessive heat used, you then change the information and advised this was not the case and was an error.

On your second client your email advised your client is using Cloud 9 straighteners (Model C9 - T1.0) yet on the document returned to the quality assurance team you advised she was using GHD's? The incorrect information was given, along with order number and product returned.

I would like to refer you back to our aftercare guide that was sent complimentary with each SWAY order, this clearly states not to use/have contact with silver shampoo, heat appliances over 180'c or we would reframe from custom colour any of our products. As you can see from the attached image dated the 14th January 2018 and the information above this was not within our company aftercare guidelines. On this basis we had no choice but make our decision on the information provided by yourself and the condition of the returned product.

As discussed in our email we would be happy to discuss our points further, but we would recommend full aftercare guidelines are meet along with a consultation form for each client and the SWAY Haircare range is purchased to ensure product longevity moving forward.

Kindest regards

The SWAY Team

I’m sorry this hasn’t really got anything to do with me , but correct me if I’m wrong but GHD tools only go to 185’c , my clients and I use all the ghd tools on another brand of hair and I’ve never had any issues

d9852015f92f75a3d26a5d6655ae246d.jpg

As ghd state here

Hi Sian,

Sorry for your frustrations that was not our intentions, as advised in our email the team can only make a final decision based upon the quality of hair returned and the information provided by yourself.

On further inspection of the product we made a decision that there is damage to the hair returned, this was likely to be due that in your original email (Dated 31/01/2018 @ 15:35pm) you confirmed the client may have used silver shampoo and/or may have had contact with the extensions. Further to your email and the original document that was returned to the team you also confirmed your client was using a GHD/hair wand tool with a temperature of 200'c on a shade 60A, at a later date after requesting confirmation of the excessive heat used, you then change the information and advised this was not the case and was an error.

On your second client your email advised your client is using Cloud 9 straighteners (Model C9 - T1.0) yet on the document returned to the quality assurance team you advised she was using GHD's? The incorrect information was given, along with order number and product returned.

I would like to refer you back to our aftercare guide that was sent complimentary with each SWAY order, this clearly states not to use/have contact with silver shampoo, heat appliances over 180'c or we would reframe from custom colour any of our products. As you can see from the attached image dated the 14th January 2018 and the information above this was not within our company aftercare guidelines. On this basis we had no choice but make our decision on the information provided by yourself and the condition of the returned product.

As discussed in our email we would be happy to discuss our points further, but we would recommend full aftercare guidelines are meet along with a consultation form for each client and the SWAY Haircare range is purchased to ensure product longevity moving forward.

Kindest regards

The SWAY Team
Nothing to do with me either but lots of my clients use purple shampoo and it has no effect whatsoever on the quality of the hair. I also have clients with rubbish straighteners that heat up to over 200 degrees and their hair isn't damaged for months. Your aftercare isn't realistic and wouldn't be followed by the vast majority of hair extension wearers. Maybe the problem is that your hair isn't fit for purpose.

I totally agree with Hair art I can’t even get my hair sleek and straight with a straighter that’s 180’c if your hair is top quality then it shouldn’t matter if you use heat and if you use silver shampoo

Maybe the quality of your hair isn’t what your saying it is

Hi Sian,

Kindest regards

The SWAY Team
Dear sway team these details have been a private matter so far between my clients, myself and your company. This is unprofessional to bring this email and matter into this thread.
I use this site to gain knowledge, support, learn and give advice with other hair professionals. I have kept our direct communications private and have not taken to social media to voice my disappointment in your product.
The hair I sent back to you for testing was in its natural condition it was not the pink toned extensions so I'm am unsure what relevance this has.
I am not going to go into repeating my reasons why client after client us now coming back for their maintenace appointment unhappy. All long term experienced extensipn wearers.
But after 12 years as an extensionist this is the first time I've experienced this lack of responsibility from a company.

I’m sorry this hasn’t really got anything to do with me , but correct me if I’m wrong but GHD tools only go to 185’c , my clients and I use all the ghd tools on another brand of hair and I’ve never had any issues

Thankyou Reece and please don't apologise I started this thread to gain other like minded hair experts experiences and opinions. All of which we are entitled to
I don't think they should have bought that to this thread. As i have kept my experiences off social media.
Very frustrating as i should have waited longer with my clients that test the hair before introducing it to others.
They spend so much money on the best aftercare I feel terrible and responsible.
Thankyou for your support

Nothing to do with me either but lots of my clients use purple shampoo and it has no effect whatsoever on the quality of the hair. I also have clients with rubbish straighteners that heat up to over 200 degrees and their hair isn't damaged for months. Your aftercare isn't realistic and wouldn't be followed by the vast majority of hair extension wearers. Maybe the problem is that your hair isn't fit for purpose.
Thankyou so much Hair Art, i had asked the question originally as felt I was the only one with clients experiencing issues. One by one they are all saying unhappy and I'm shocked at how poor this hair quality is after all the hype.
I have clients that use silver shampoos to get there hair to a silver/grey tone with absolutely no issues.
Pretty much all spend alot of money on there aftercare. And these clients having issues can get their hair to last 6months to a year. I have complete trust in them.

Thankyou Reece and please don't apologise I started this thread to gain other like minded hair experts experiences and opinions. All of which we are entitled to
I don't think they should have bought that to this thread. As i have kept my experiences off social media.
Very frustrating as i should have waited longer with my clients that test the hair before introducing it to others.
They spend so much money on the best aftercare I feel terrible and responsible.
Thankyou for your support

You shouldn’t feel bad ,your putting your trust in a well known Hair company , and If there Hair really is what they say it is it shouldn’t matter what you put on the Hair . I think there being very rude and unfair to you maybe try going with a different company , it seems to always be the clients fault and not the supplier I understand your frustration , I personally think they should replace the Hair or refund you x

I had the same problem last year with another company but only the Hair was shedding and had also changed its colour I ended up changing suppliers as they blamed it on me x

Latest posts

Back