Sweating when tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwickham

Reaction score
I had a client yesterday who was quite nervous about having her spray. She seemed to be quite sweaty when I was spraying and it was very wet looking as I was applying. She is on medication for MS so I did wonder if it was that, but once it dried it looked great. Only problem was when she put her arm down is rubbed where she sweated. I dried with the machine where I could but is there a good way to deal with sweat when applying. She text me to say she is happy this morning so i can't have done too bad!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

If she was happy, u did good!

I would perhaps use the hose prior to her tan next time to dry the area/body if needed. Xx

You can use baby wipes under arms etc where excess sweat occurs prior to spraying and talc after spraying to help stop tan from washing away.

Melk- would a small towel or flannel not work better? Or what baby wipes do u use? Here in the uk most wipes leave a residue on the skin which can go green when sprayed-so I'd personally avoid doing that. Xx

Thank you. So i could put a bit of talc on under her arms and that might help reduce the wetness? And stop it rubbing off when she outs her arms down? Hopefully she won't be as nervous next time!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek

I purchased extra tips and tricks of a Aussie tanning instructor and she says to use baby wipes if client has forgotten to remove deodorant and underarms turn green or discolored or is sweaty. I have yet to try it. You do need to let the underarm dry before spraying. the talc she also advises as here it can get quite hot. Behind knees, elbow and underarm areas that sweat sits and will effect tan development.

Do you use the talc before or after spraying?!

After tanning to stop perspiration from diluting tan. Either pat on or for a fine dusting hold in palm and blow on with air from gun.

Must have the same book. I think it's Jacinta? again so long ago cant remember but certainly gave me some good tips

I purchased extra tips and tricks of a Aussie tanning instructor and she says to use baby wipes if client has forgotten to remove deodorant and underarms turn green or discolored or is sweaty. I have yet to try it. You do need to let the underarm dry before spraying. the talc she also advises as here it can get quite hot. Behind knees, elbow and underarm areas that sweat sits and will effect tan development.

I found the tanning mitt really came into it's own on the back of knees and armpits... :) dab gently and then spray another fine coat over. works for me :)

Latest posts

Back