Swedish Massage & Men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyandme

Reaction score
Hi, Normally only do ladies, but have a guy booked in for a Swedish full body Massage. Not worried about being on my own with him.

Any Tips/Advice please on giving this treatment?

And apart from Upper thigh, do you miss out any other areas. Some hairy areas can be painfull to massage.

Thanks

Hi, Normally only do ladies, but have a guy booked in for a Swedish full body Massage. Not worried about being on my own with him.

Any Tips/Advice please on giving this treatment?

And apart from Upper thigh, do you miss out any other areas. Some hairy areas can be painfull to massage.

Thanks
Ok first may I ask what you mean that you are not bothered about being on your own with him??Never do any unknown man alone:eek:

The tummy upper/inner thigh are very....receptive areas,lol so would avoid.Hairy areas,well....tbh I have done a lot of hairy men,never use talc and never had any complaints about it being painful due to their hair.

After years of asking I dont really bother now,If you judge the corect amount of medium there really should't be a problem of hands dragging over hair,causing pain hth

Hi, meant it in the way, that I dont have to worry about my safety, as there are people about and I wouldnt put myself in the position of somthing happening.

Hello!
I dont ever do stomach when treating men and avoid the inner thigh area.If you use enough massage oil then the treatment will not be uncomfortable for him,no matter how hairy he is.I would also give him specific instruction about undressing for the treatment..ie undress down to your underwear and then make yourself comfortable on the couch using the towels to cover you.This avoids any un-necessary situations of him totally getting naked for you.:eek:
hth xx

Its so depressing being a male client at times. :cry:

Whenever I go for a massage I always remove my underwear - I find it much more comfortable and it means the therapist doesn't have to worry about grabbing underwear and moving it out of the way.

My two fave areas to be massaged to have a massage completed with are my stomach and my hands - love a hand massage! Personally I find I carry my stress and tension in my stomach, if I'm stressed I have really bad panic attacks. The stomach massage, if done well and properly, is one of the most nurturing and powerful parts of a massage.

Unfortunately when massaging the legs by avoiding the top of the thighs and buttocks two of the biggest groups of muscles are being left out! I have a lot of guy clients who are very active sporty guys. If I didn't give their legs a full, deep massage they wouldn't come back - that is one of the most common areas to be treated.

When receiving your client (male or female) it is important to set out a very clear contract for the treatment. You need to understand what the client wants - there is nothing worse for me then massage by numbers. You need to understand the outcome they want - how do they want to feel at the end of the treatment - Energised? Refreshed? Chilled out? You need to find out what particular areas / muscle groups of the body they want worked on. You need to be clear on what you won't be treating or doing. You need to explain your draping technique.

Be aware of your surroundings, be vigilante for suspect clients - don't treat them, but don't assume every client (I've had male and female want extra's) is after sex. If you do your focus during the treatment won't be on the client and the outcome they want, it will be on getting rid of them as soon as possible and they client won't experience the power of touch and healing through the superb massage you can offer.

Really hope this hasn't come across too ranty - its just a frustration and passion of mine! I'm actually trying to work out if I can put together a workshop for therapists about the pre- and post- treatment of clients, to ensure your safety, to help you find out just what a client wants, to help them receive the most amazing treatment and to help them realise just how amazing your massage really was.

Mat

Thanks for the info everyone

Its so depressing being a male client at times. :cry:

Whenever I go for a massage I always remove my underwear - I find it much more comfortable and it means the therapist doesn't have to worry about grabbing underwear and moving it out of the way.

My two fave areas to be massaged to have a massage completed with are my stomach and my hands - love a hand massage! Personally I find I carry my stress and tension in my stomach, if I'm stressed I have really bad panic attacks. The stomach massage, if done well and properly, is one of the most nurturing and powerful parts of a massage.

Unfortunately when massaging the legs by avoiding the top of the thighs and buttocks two of the biggest groups of muscles are being left out! I have a lot of guy clients who are very active sporty guys. If I didn't give their legs a full, deep massage they wouldn't come back - that is one of the most common areas to be treated.

When receiving your client (male or female) it is important to set out a very clear contract for the treatment. You need to understand what the client wants - there is nothing worse for me then massage by numbers. You need to understand the outcome they want - how do they want to feel at the end of the treatment - Energised? Refreshed? Chilled out? You need to find out what particular areas / muscle groups of the body they want worked on. You need to be clear on what you won't be treating or doing. You need to explain your draping technique.

Be aware of your surroundings, be vigilante for suspect clients - don't treat them, but don't assume every client (I've had male and female want extra's) is after sex. If you do your focus during the treatment won't be on the client and the outcome they want, it will be on getting rid of them as soon as possible and they client won't experience the power of touch and healing through the superb massage you can offer.

Really hope this hasn't come across too ranty - its just a frustration and passion of mine! I'm actually trying to work out if I can put together a workshop for therapists about the pre- and post- treatment of clients, to ensure your safety, to help you find out just what a client wants, to help them receive the most amazing treatment and to help them realise just how amazing your massage really was.

Mat

I totally agree with you.Once i am quite happy that the man i am massaging is having a massage for the right reasons i will do them with no underwear and i do their stomachs and thighs as high as i would a womens and their buttocks.Towel positioning is everything and maintaining a professional manner.

Latest posts

Back