Swedish Massage pre-course reading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcadianarcas

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Ive decided that next september i will be enroling in the VTCT Swedish massage course aswell as my Nail Extension course.
Given the sheer amount of information i will have to grasp in the course on all the anatomy and physiology and the fact im only part time, i was wondering if maybe anyone can give me advice on what books to start reading ahead of time.
Doesnt hurt to be prepared :green:

Thanks
Arcas

Hi everyone

Ive decided that next september i will be enroling in the VTCT Swedish massage course aswell as my Nail Extension course.
Given the sheer amount of information i will have to grasp in the course on all the anatomy and physiology and the fact im only part time, i was wondering if maybe anyone can give me advice on what books to start reading ahead of time.
Doesnt hurt to be prepared :green:

Thanks
Arcas

I think this is a lot to do at the same time. I only say this as I did both my nail services and cosmetic makeup course at the same time and it was very tiring. I lost lots of weight due to the fact that all I seemed to do was study and practice. There is also lots more A&P to learn with the massage course, I just think you may find it all too much at once.

Good luck though.

Anatomy and physiology for holistic therapists,2nd edition by Francesca Gould.

Anatomy and physiology for holistic therapists,2nd edition by Francesca Gould.

Ditto you beat me Gillian :)

We used this book for our Swedish Level 3 VTCT and its great. Well laid out, easy to understand, good knowledge checkers throughout the book.

Def should get this one and get a heads up on your A and P

thank you for the advice.

I apreciate the fact there is alot of information and hard work in the swedish massage course but im confident the nail extensions will not set me back. The extensions only last 15 weeks, they are acrylics ONLY. so I will be a bit squeezed until that is finished but im sure i can handle it. its only 15 weeks out of 34 the massage course lasts.

I will get the book sugested ASAP and start reading up.

You will love the massage course it's great.

At the start I thought I would never remember the routines, contraindications etc but it all fell into place and now I'm so glad I did it.

Good luck with your courses and any questions just pm me and hopefully I can help.

thank you for the advice.

I apreciate the fact there is alot of information and hard work in the swedish massage course but im confident the nail extensions will not set me back. The extensions only last 15 weeks, they are acrylics ONLY. so I will be a bit squeezed until that is finished but im sure i can handle it. its only 15 weeks out of 34 the massage course lasts.

I will get the book sugested ASAP and start reading up.

Good luck, didn't want to appear as though I was preaching, just from my own experience I was trashed.
Will be doing swedish massage myself in September which I am looking forward to, having had a year out from studying.

im studying nvq level 3 nails and swedish body massage
on a monday im at college from 9 -9 its very tiring but i think what it is with me is i crave knowledge
i love learning new stuff so im throughly enjoying myself
id recommend the offical guide to body massage by adele o keefe

i actually know adele and the book is fantastic easy to read and understand and goes into absolutely everything
good luck on your course
Debbie x

hello

i done my vtct swedish body massage in 18 weeks! and i was doing a waxing course at the same time

the massage was very hard work but great fun, i loved every minute of

pm me if you need any help

i used a book called the human body by martyn page for my a + p

Go for a look around the net, you'll find alot of what you need good image's & written material.

muscles & bones - Body systems ie: Digestive & skeletal
Contraindications & massage sequence/s will also be good resource for you.

Until you commence your course you won't be exactly sure of the masage sequence/s & information your teacher requires but to already be a bit familiar will help.

Start now to source your models for the course. Ask your teacher when your hands on work shops will be, this way you can let your models know when you need them. Get more than you need as some may not be able to make it.

HtH

XX J XX

Latest posts

Back