Sweet Morning Dew shrinking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsgalore13

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I did a client today with sweet morning dew, does anyone do 3 coats of that as it looked patchy?

also when i had applied it it had shrunk back so ended up with no colour on the free edge! i cured my first coat and did my second coat but im worried now that something may happen,

will it chip? why does it do this please what have i done wrong?

Thank you

I've had problems with application and shrinking as well with two separate bottles bought months apart! I just never got round to contacting Nail Harmony. If you email them they'll be able to help Xx

I really love this colour but just couldn't get it to go on without shrinking / wrinkling. I've read others have had problems with it too. I threw mine away in the end.

I find the ones I have that shrink I do a couple of nails at a time and put straight in the lamp as I find if I paint the whole hand by the time I'm done most of them have shrunk already give it a try the quicker u cure the better is annoying as doesn't look good when customer is looking at them thinking they look a mess :/

With this colour I find you need to put your bottle somewhere warm, some geeks put it down their bra but not very professional in my opinion :-/ I put some warm water into a glass then put your bottle into the glass to warm up (don't let water go near the neck of the bottle) once you've done your prep you'll find the consistency is thinner & earlier to apply, still do each layer super thin but it should be more workable! xx

I've had so much trouble with this colour and inner vixen I've stopped offering them?

We have also experienced trouble with this colour aswell as a mint of spring, in the end I contacted nail harmony where they'd told me that they had changed the consistency as a lot of people were complaining that it was too thin (to be fair I thought that's what made it so unique and better than the other gel polishes out there) but anyways they said they were changing it back and would resend new colours back to us... I still find that both colours are not best to work with, so when clients do chose these particular colours we warm the bottles in our hands and find it does help a little. Still not ideal though.

I'm looking to buy the love in bloom collection soon, mainly for sweet morning dew and mint of spring, plus just like all of the colours anyway!
I hope I dont get any problems with shrinkage! X

I had this problem with mine. I mixed about 50/50 with TIO and did 3 thin coats. It worked perfectly, 2 weeks and no chips :)

Mine is fine, no problems at all. Purchased it last week along with the rest of the bloom collection and they are fine too.
Also I've used inner vixen on 2 clients this week and again I've had no shrinkage issues with that.
Contact nail harmony and I'm sure they will sort it out for you xx

hi geeks!

Thank you so much for all your replies,i think i will contact n.harmony then as it has really annoyed me! but then again yours is ok cheeky chick,thats strange.

i thought maybe i have done something wrong, dont suppose anybody knows if my client will be ok with it im worried it may chip or something?

Thanks again everyone appreciate your replys

Both my problem colours have literally peeled off as if not cured properly. I really ensured I got super thin coats as well and I know all my prep was right hence why I'm just not using them as I'm at a loss. To be honest it's made me nervous to buy anymore colours in case I waste money!

Been doing a bit of googling and found an old thread where a geek suggested adding several drops of top it off. Just put 5 drops in and give it a good shake and warm up and now trying on a nail pop where it previously crinkled and seems perfect now. So pleased as love this colour, now need to find a guinea pig to try it on!!

Been doing a bit of googling and found an old thread where a geek suggested adding several drops of top it off. Just put 5 drops in and give it a good shake and warm up and now trying on a nail pop where it previously crinkled and seems perfect now. So pleased as love this colour, now need to find a guinea pig to try it on!!

Hi im the same i darn't but any more gelish either!im scared! its like i bought the carnival hangover,suppose to be a purple and its come and it is pink!

its peed my off a lot!
oh i might try that then with the tio and see, im scared of doing that though too!
nothing but problems with gelish at the minute! its like some of them seem to fade also!

thanks alot for your help please let me know how you get on with the smd when you have tried it out!

Thanks

Hi im the same i darn't but any more gelish either!im scared! its like i bought the carnival hangover,suppose to be a purple and its come and it is pink!

its peed my off a lot!
oh i might try that then with the tio and see, im scared of doing that though too!
nothing but problems with gelish at the minute! its like some of them seem to fade also!

thanks alot for your help please let me know how you get on with the smd when you have tried it out!

Thanks

Well it made a big difference to application, still crinkled in a couple of places so maybe need to add more tio. Trouble is I don't want to waste my tio if I'm still gonna end up binning it. Will let you know how it wears and my best friend is trying it for me.

Well it made a big difference to application, still crinkled in a couple of places so maybe need to add more tio. Trouble is I don't want to waste my tio if I'm still gonna end up binning it. Will let you know how it wears and my best friend is trying it for me.

Great thank you yes please let me know! What do you mean by crinkled? As in shrinking? X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Great thank you yes please let me know! What do you mean by crinkled? As in shrinking? X

No I didn't have some much of a shrinkage problem but it kept crinkling g and pinching like when it's applied too thick but I just couldn't get it anything thinner but the tio seems to have thinned it out. Presumably your dry brushing the foundation, strange as shrinkage tends to be with darker colours more.

No I didn't have some much of a shrinkage problem but it kept crinkling g and pinching like when it's applied too thick but I just couldn't get it anything thinner but the tio seems to have thinned it out. Presumably your dry brushing the foundation, strange as shrinkage tends to be with darker colours more.

Oh right! No I didn't dry brush actually as usually gelish seemed ok and lasted without doing that . Maybe I should have. Whoops! X

Oh right! No I didn't dry brush actually as usually gelish seemed ok and lasted without doing that . Maybe I should have. Whoops! X

Yes apply foundation really thin and then dry brush and should stop shrinkage

Yes apply foundation really thin and then dry brush and should stop shrinkage

Ok brilliant I will try that.thank you so much for your help! X

Latest posts

Back