Sweet Squared and CND out of stock?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think when it comes to product, the individual needs to know there popular services and or colors etc ...!! and what is clearly going to run out weeks ahead don't blame that one on anyone,you have to be accountable for your own stock as well, products don't run out over night and if they do you should have planned better when you were making the purchase and bought more ...?

But you could say that about anyone selling to the public. John Lewis, Curry's, Tesco. They're all guilty of having out of stock items. My poor little 11 year old daughter is trying to find clothes online for her 12th birthday present. Everything she likes is out of stock in her size. And I mean EVERYTHING!!!!:sad:

Here here I second that. Massive love and respect.

To the op as with any company who distributes high quality products with hundreds of thousands of users occasionally yes things are out of stock. No different to anywhere else. But you will find all of the staff at S2 more than happy to deal with any of your queries and after over 12 years in the industry better than most!

There are an awful lot of us on here getting terribly fed up with the battering certain people are giving both CND and Sweet Squared on here. It's disgusting and giving the whole industry a less than favourable name. This forum is for professionals and it's time we all went back to behaving in a professional manner!

You know everyone is quick enough to slate NSS's.... and everyone is entitled to an opinion and to voice it, wouldn't you say? Or should everyone have YOUR opinion?

i haven't bought a massive amount from them, maybe 6/7 orders. but i know that anything i have bought arrives super fast with updates on what stage my order is at, they give you a delivery time to within the hour.
amazing in my opinion! the popular and new colours maybe do go out of stock faster but i would highly recommend them as a supplier.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree I wasn't around for the topcoat thing and aside from lamp-gate, I've never had Any problem getting what I need from s2.

Every shop I go to ha things that run out? Tesco sainsburys asda, nothing is unlimited and accessible all the time that's just the nature of the consumer world. Just hold tight in sure what you need will be back in stock soon!

But you could say that about anyone selling to the public. John Lewis, Curry's, Tesco. They're all guilty of having out of stock items. My poor little 11 year old daughter is trying to find clothes online for her 12th birthday present. Everything she likes is out of stock in her size. And I mean EVERYTHING!!!!:sad:

True but im not sure you can compare buying some clothes to products that your business depend on x

You know everyone is quick enough to slate NSS's.... and everyone is entitled to an opinion and to voice it, wouldn't you say? Or should everyone have YOUR opinion?

Sorry I have stated my opinion, I never said you couldn't have one. Nor have I ever slated NSS salons to my knowledge.
I don't wish to be dragged into a heated debate with you as this is exactly the behaviour that has become common place on here that I hate

I've never had any problems with them, I have an ellisons account as a back up as I only use CND products. Give them a try you may find the quality of the product makes you mind up xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I have stated my opinion, I never said you couldn't have one. Nor have I ever slated NSS salons to my knowledge.
I don't wish to be dragged into a heated debate with you as this is exactly the behaviour that has become common place on here that I hate

And I have stated my opinion too - I actually agree about stock and how hard it is to control, if we as nail techs had better stock control then we would never run out! I merely objected to the way you put your point across, that's all.

Absolutely!

Time to leave the playground and stop mindless tittle tattle.

I have not been on for months and since coming back on it dose seem never ending heated debates!
It's a nightmare for people that the lamps are faulty and can't be replaced at the moment, but at times like this when everyone should be pulling together helping each other it seems the total opposite, it's like sticking the boot in when someone is down!
We should all be trying to help and advise each other.
Just a thought 💗

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks accusing the OP of being in-genuine is bit much?!

My goodness talk about on edge! I wAs just coming on to say that every single order I have made I've not been able to get something or other but the website itself is fab and delivery super quick. If there's a few things missing I contact fingertips instead, no big drama.

Everyone on here so defensive and down right rude at times!

Oh dear :o/ I was only asking because I am conceder taking on Shellac and their pedicure and manicure range or SpaRitual but as a small (expanding business) I have to make very careful and dependable decisions. I was asking if it was a regular occurrence with low stock. I am also torn between vinalux and Morgan Taylor polish. So I am at critical decision making time. Sorry this was met with hostility :(

One thread closes another one opens, I'm sure it won't be long until this one is closed too. We all know how these conversations end lol

S2 sell a lot of products just like every other company so items being out of stock isn't uncommon with any retailer or supply company. Dresses in my size always sell out first! :p

Ladies I believe the hostility is due to a couple of previous threads with people stirring about the lamps and blaming S2 for it. I think a lot of us have got heated about this. I wouldn't take it to heart and just hoping we can all keep cool till the situation has been resolved.
Don't worry... be happy.... :)

There is a lamp shortage at the moment so think that's the only thing that will be out of stock for couple of weeks hun. I can't say I've ever noticed colours not being in stock unless new range which does unfortunately happen as they sell out so quickly!

Vinylux is fab, defo worth investment as really cheap to buy in! Fab for toes if you are offering alongside shellac (lasts and looks like shellac without removal)

I love shellac but also like gelish, I have slated and praised the cnd for whatever situation so see myself pretty non biast. Hope u make an educated decision and don't let unhelpful and nasty posts put u off a brand xxxx

Actually if you look at the bottom of the page you will see this forum is copyrighted by S2 so not really impartial is it?
The copyright at the bottom of this page is because S2 foots the bill for the site.

Long before S2 existed, it was just my wife and I footing the bill out of our own pockets. The content on this site is produced by the members and moderated by volunteers and it covers all sectors of the industry (Hair, Skin and Nails).

As S2, we value this site immensely as it gives us a conduit to listen and engage our customers in a unique and powerful way. But even before we had customers, we valued this site immensely because it connects professionals together. And that is all the reason we needed to create it.

No one stops any other company engaging with professionals on this site. I have lost count years ago on how often we have asked other companies to come and engage professionals here. Some do, however most can't be asked to. With very little exception, the same people that do not engage here do not engage on any other industry internet forum that I know of. It is an exercise more important to some than to others. It is deeply important to me.

At SalonGeek.com, our moderators (who volunteer their time freely here) go out of their way not to touch S2 threads because of the amount of crap trolls love to dish out about this being "an S2 site". In fact, apart from today I can't recall the last time in over 10 years I have closed a thread about S2 however the amount pure fiction some were drumming up to get attention and take pot shots gave me very little choice. If that would have been any other companies thread, it would have been closed 10 pages earlier once the trolls started dancing.

Why do people do this? It really saddens me that there is such vitriol in our industry when there is so damn much to celebrate.

Looking into things, some seem to have adopted a "Football Hooligan" mentality. In (I assume) a righteous defense of the supplier they hold dear, they attack another supplier (they do not even use) to try and discredit and support "their team". Why? We generally have great (or at least benign) relationships with our competitors. In fact, this weekend we were down in London at the wedding of some friends and a key competitor where we spent most of that evening partying with the owners of a large manufacturer (that happens to also be a key "competitor" of ours). When it came to nails, what did we talk about? How fricken awesome our industry is and how amazing the people in it.

Let me take this rant full circle.

I DEEPLY value HONEST feedback. It is aggravating for us at S2 if we are out of stock of something not because "of business stuff" but because we sincerely want to do right by every single professional we can come in contact with. Because we are proud of our industry. Because we are smitten with our profession. Because we all started as nail professionals behind the table and understand how important it is to you that we get it right. Every time.

As I mentioned earlier, we are not out stock of what the OP was asking after. That pedicure range was discontinued and we are fully in stock of our Marine SpaPedicure range. We sell over 2,200 items. 23 items are out of stock as of today. 12 of those are CND items and half of those items have alternative sizes in stock and available. For the remaining 6 items, we are doing our best to get those in (especially 1 item in particular which we have been working on getting in for over a month now).

Thanks for the opportunity for me to get all this out.

Love+Respect.

The copyright at the bottom of this page is because S2 foots the bill for the site.

Long before S2 existed, it was just my wife and I footing the bill out of our own pockets. The content on this site is produced by the members and moderated by volunteers and it covers all sectors of the industry (Hair, Skin and Nails).

As S2, we value this site immensely as it gives us a conduit to listen and engage our customers in a unique and powerful way. But even before we had customers, we valued this site immensely because it connects professionals together. And that is all the reason we needed to create it.

No one stops any other company engaging with professionals on this site. I have lost count years ago on how often we have asked other companies to come and engage professionals here. Some do, however most can't be asked to. With very little exception, the same people that do not engage here do not engage on any other industry internet forum that I know of. It is an exercise more important to some than to others. It is deeply important to me.

At SalonGeek.com, our moderators (who volunteer their time freely here) go out of their way not to touch S2 threads because of the amount of crap trolls love to dish out about this being "an S2 site". In fact, apart from today I can't recall the last time in over 10 years I have closed a thread about S2 however the amount pure fiction some were drumming up to get attention and take pot shots gave me very little choice. If that would have been any other companies thread, it would have been closed 10 pages earlier once the trolls started dancing.

Why do people do this? It really saddens me that there is such vitriol in our industry when there is so damn much to celebrate.

Looking into things, some seem to have adopted a "Football Hooligan" mentality. In (I assume) a righteous defense of the supplier they hold dear, they attack another supplier (they do not even use) to try and discredit and support "their team". Why? We generally have great (or at least benign) relationships with our competitors. In fact, this weekend we were down in London at the wedding of some friends and a key competitor where we spent most of that evening partying with the owners of a large manufacturer (that happens to also be a key "competitor" of ours). When it came to nails, what did we talk about? How fricken awesome our industry is and how amazing the people in it.

Let me take this rant full circle.

I DEEPLY value HONEST feedback. It is aggravating for us at S2 if we are out of stock of something not because "of business stuff" but because we sincerely want to do right by every single professional we can come in contact with. Because we are proud of our industry. Because we are smitten with our profession. Because we all started as nail professionals behind the table and understand how important it is to you that we get it right. Every time.

As I mentioned earlier, we are not out stock of what the OP was asking after. That pedicure range was discontinued and we are fully in stock of our Marine SpaPedicure range. We sell over 2,200 items. 23 items are out of stock as of today. 12 of those are CND items and half of those items have alternative sizes in stock and available. For the remaining 6 items, we are doing our best to get those in (especially 1 item in particular which we have been working on getting in for over a month now).

Thanks for the opportunity for me to get all this out.

Love+Respect.

As the starter of this thread with a genuine question, I am really pleased you have taken the time to reply to me, I am trying to make good business decisions. I turn to salon Geek for guidance and advice. I don't like rushing in to things . I have got to say that the hostility my question was met with very nearly put me off using S2 because of the hostile culture that seems to have developed (on here). Thanks to your response I am going to give it a go and order a few bits and wait for the other items to be back in stock.
Very grateful - Thank you xxx

As the starter of this thread with a genuine question, I am really pleased you have taken the time to reply to me, I am trying to make good business decisions. I turn to salon Geek for guidance and advice. I don't like rushing in to things . I have got to say that the hostility my question was met with very nearly put me off using S2 because of the hostile culture that seems to have developed (on here). Thanks to your response I am going to give it a go and order a few bits and wait for the other items to be back in stock.
Very grateful - Thank you xxx

I don't think you'll regret it cnd products really are great and I am currently swapping from opi to vinylux I highly recommend it I love it! :) x

Thanks Paula,

But don't let a post or two (or more) put you off anything. All forums I have been on (and I have been on many) have a habit of turning emotive over constructive at times. Emotion can tint the way you read others posts. Sort of like if you have ever read a ghost story (or scary book) late at night before you go to bed, you will have an unusual tendency to hear more bumps in the night than if you were reading... I dunno... say Winnie The Pooh or something :)

Our industry is so fricken awesome and it is fueled almost entirely by passion. However like any fuel, it can combust easily even when you don't want it to. When that happens, peoples emotions flare and it is hard to be balanced and constructive. In those instances, it is easy to read into what people say and instill meaning where there was none (speaking from experience here!).

Lets all make the assumption that no assumptions were made, that nothing went bump in the night and read all posts the rest of the day with the voice of Pooh. Seriously... how could you not smile if you did that? :)

Latest posts

Back