Sweet Squared Education - price increases

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

millyspook

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the latest courses available with Sweet Squared?

Whilst I have absolutely no doubt that these courses provide you with lots of invaluable information, I think they seem pretty expensive to the mere mortals like me. The Gel course has doubled in price from what it was? And the natural nail course has gone up tenfold.

Don't shoot me down, I love S2 and CND and what they believe in, but they just seem crazy prices. Is this a case of just paying for the name? Are S2 just cashing in on their ever increasing popularity? Your thoughts please........

Has anyone seen the latest courses available with Sweet Squared?

Whilst I have absolutely no doubt that these courses provide you with lots of invaluable information, I think they seem pretty expensive to the mere mortals like me. The Gel course has doubled in price from what it was? And the natural nail course has gone up tenfold.

Don't shoot me down, I love S2 and CND and what they believe in, but they just seem crazy prices. Is this a case of just paying for the name? Are S2 just cashing in on their ever increasing popularity? Your thoughts please........

True very true, I was looking for courses for ages on L&P but they where just to expensive and they wanted most if not all the money at once.

I would love to do a CND course but its not only the cost of it its getting there too. I dont drive so it would mean 3 buses to get to the nearest one to me :rolleyes:

So i choose a EN course, i no not everybody it a fan but it works for me. i have a full time job and 4 kids so i do it when i want and at my Owen pace. It is still alot of money but i can pay it monthly and over 4, 6, or 12 months.

clare x

which natural nail course is that? Has it really increased by that much?!

Having just popped over and had a look at the new courses, I'm glad that I have already done my basic course's or I would have not been able to train with CND.

In S2's defence, the natural nail course now looks like it covers both manicure and pedicure. So really it replaces two courses, so although still a large price increase, it's not as large as ten fold, more like two thirds more.

I'm sure the new courses will cover much more training and will be worth every penny to those who can afford them. I just would not be one of those lucky enough to afford them.

I guess it will just make CND training more exclusvie as will be out of the reach of most working class people.

Was there not a mention of CND Courses becoming an ITEC Qualification? Maybe this is the reason that the prices have increased? xx

The whole CND education system is changing world wide!! The courses are worth sooo much more then what you pay!! There are quite a few CND Education Ambassadors on SG which would be happy to tell youu why the new classes are amazing!!

Also if there is a class you are wanting to know more about call Sweet Sqaured 0845 210 6060 and they can also give you lots of info!!

I would love to start all over again and do all the new classes!! They are somthing specail!! Xx

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I suppose its as the saying goes 'you get what you pay for'

Its is quite a price hike indeed but still if you now look at the course content especially the Naturally course there is a heck of a lot more included plus they have now got a gel one on its own which I dont think was there before (if it was I missed it) plus if you combine the Naturally and Gel you save a bundle so really its not that severe considering what you will get out of it including all products needed (if of course you can afford it!) shame they don't offer a monthly payment plan but then again I can see why they wouldn't do thet either x

Last edited:
After reading this thread I was expecting an increase of about £30 maybe to reflect our brilliant economy! So I popped over to take a look and didn't expect to see a complete overhaul of the training.
The Naturally course looks great and it includes Shellac! I got quite excited, until I carried on reading and saw the price!! :eek:

I was planning on booking the Pedicure course, maybe after Christmas, but there is absolutely no way on this earth I can now do any education with CND.

Gutted :sad:

Just had a look :eek: - it will certainly make it harder for people to afford to train. I'm not saying the courses are not worthwhile, just that the prices are not affordable to the average person who is starting out. Was hoping to save up to do L+P with them - guess that will take a lot longer now.

Personally, before being disheartened, I would enquire to find out the amount of products included with each course. The Gel Conversion (for example) includes the kit which would cost nearly £200 more than the course itself if bought separately, so in effect you're getting a bargain!

Just trying to look at it from a different point of view :wink2:

I'm hoping to do the L&P but at the moment I can't afford it. I did do my Gel with CND. I know you get what you pay for but it's out of my reach and I'm gutted :(

Vicki xx

Personally, before being disheartened, I would enquire to find out the amount of products included with each course. The Gel Conversion (for example) includes the kit which would cost nearly £200 more than the course itself if bought separately, so in effect you're getting a bargain!

Just trying to look at it from a different point of view :wink2:

I was going to say the same. I'm saving up at the moment for a 6 day course and what it includes product wise ( if everything was bought seperately), the training is almost free.

I'm in Ireland but I assume the courses are the same.

I agree it is expensive but you are getting 14 days training on one of the courses I looked at and the kit included.

The only problem Id have with doing a course like that is producing a model for 7 days !

The conversion courses seem pretty reasonable to me considering you get a kit included.

Well I wont be doing my L&P with CND. Im sorry but how can such a price increase be justified. I have just managed to save up the £545 now I have to save up another £400.

I will not be training with CND now. Even if it does have a kit included with it that price can not be justified and I dont believe many people who are going to be able to afford it.

Such a shame as I was so looking forward to booking in with CND but now I will be going with someone else :(

Hey Ladies,

Nice to hear people are talking about it.
However..... If you look at the education plan.... The 14 day is for students BRAND new to the industry, obviously anyone can go on them, these 14 day classes are really for the novice and they are set out so that we as educators have enough time to educate the student to there full potential so that there will be a HIGH standard of nail techs leaving the classroom, instead unconfident ones who feel like they have been thrown out after 4-5 days LOL.

It isn't CND's way of capitalising on their "popularity" it's a VERY good way of Being innovative about producing a good standard ASAP,as CND nail Tech's are a representation of the product and training (in a way)
They have put alot of thought into all aspects including price, they have ALWAYS thought of the student first.

The BASIC CND classes are still running and are still at the same price..... So don't panic lol.

My PERSONAL take on the new education is that I think it's great and it's a condensed way of learning a good trade in very little time.
Also let's not forget collage courses for a year are nearly the same in price.. PLUS buying kits on top.
So don't be disappointed just with the price, see what's included first.

Again. If anyone wants more 'Detailed' information about classes call S2 or you can pm me also.

Rheah Francis
CND EA Midlands

With regards to the new nails naturally classes and in fact of of the new classes in the jump category you get all your kits and tools that you need from the get go, no need to buy seperate items.
The new nails naturally class covers both manicure, pedicure, the polished nail and SHELLAC with every kit and the lamp you will need.
So if you actually work it out the cost of each of those classes run the old way plus the cost of the kits and everything you would need it would probably be around the same price.
The new classes are amazingly more in depth, with more time spent on the fundamentals of each course and business knowledge, salon safety etc. A proper course to start you off at the top of your game where the only way to go is up and fly with the masters and Soar with the stars!
The old manicure and pedicure classes used to be just a day for each now you get more days and are not rushed in your learning.
Jen xxx

Well I wont be doing my L&P with CND. Im sorry but how can such a price increase be justified. I have just managed to save up the £545 now I have to save up another £400.

I will not be training with CND now. Even if it does have a kit included with it that price can not be justified and I dont believe many people who are going to be able to afford it.
I think its certainly justified, when I started in the industry I took a course with the Carlton institue which cost me £1500 4 and half years ago, I can tell you it certainly was no where near the level of training that you get with CND, and I did conversions with other companies before settling on CND I dread to think what I have paid out in the last 4 years for training to find the right company and product. If I had heard of CND or if this course was around then I would have jumped at the chance to do it. The classes are so much more ivolved in every aspect allowing you to become confident and competent in running a successful business

Such a shame as I was so looking forward to booking in with CND but now I will be going with someone else :(
You can still book the old 5 day foundation until January. But dont forget the class is now an extra 3 days plus you get colour theory which before used to be an add on class that had to be paid for, this way you can start doing bespoke services straight away and not have to pay out for more training at a later date to set yourself above the competition.
Jen xx

Last edited:
I have just booked a course for my sister and myself. It was just the one day manicure course and I never even asked the price and wasn't told. I just assumed it was the same price as before. I got an email with the deposit I had paid but it didn't say how much the course was either. If anyone knows can they pm the price please cos I'm worried now-lol

I have just booked a course for my sister and myself. It was just the one day manicure course and I never even asked the price and wasn't told. I just assumed it was the same price as before. I got an email with the deposit I had paid but it didn't say how much the course was either. If anyone knows can they pm the price please cos I'm worried now-lol
If you have booked a one day class hun it will still be the old price, the new classes will mainly come into play in January xxxxx

You get more, so you pay more, but I do think it's going to prove prohibitive to a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back