Sweeteners as a mix-in for scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calliecoedavis

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't see where anyone mentions this, but did you know you can add artificial sweetener (here in US we have Sweet'N Low) to your formula and it will help with the irritation of the high volumes of ammonia and peroxide?i assisted a celebrity colorist in LA, California by the name of Jennifer Jahanbigloo and he taught me this trick! I just thought I'd share it to you ! I love SalonGeek and all of the members! You guys have the best formula strategies and formulas!!!

I did a search and didn't see where anyone mentions this, but did you know you can add artificial sweetener (here in US we have Sweet'N Low) to your formula and it will help with the irritation of the high volumes of ammonia and peroxide?i assisted a celebrity colorist in LA, California by the name of Jennifer Jahanbigloo and he taught me this trick! I just thought I'd share it to you ! I love SalonGeek and all of the members! You guys have the best formula strategies and formulas!!!

Oh my god that sounds awesome! Would never have thought of this would love to hear the science behind it! Xx

Oh my god that sounds awesome! Would never have thought of this would love to hear the science behind it! Xx

It really works too! It doesn't kill it completely, but it definitely helps! I should google the science behind it

We'd void our insurance by doing it though :(

Last edited:
We'd probably void our insurance by doing it sadly :(

Just what I thought, no doubt manufacturers will bring out similar for us to use if it catches on at a really inflated price. Xoxo

We'd probably void our insurance by doing it sadly :(

Really?! I'm not familiar with the insurance you have, but if so, I hate that. It would save people from a lot of discomfort

Really?! I'm not familiar with the insurance you have, but if so, I hate that. It would save people from a lot of discomfort

Yes, sorry and I altered my original statement - to read definitely!

Anything that doesn't follow manufacturers instructions would mean insurance policy invalidated!

You'd also have to consider that aspartame (in sweetener) is constantly in the news at the mo as a cause for so many things inc. cancer! Although I don't necessarily believe in it all you wouldn't want to be questioned on it?? X

Yes, sorry and I altered my original statement - to read definitely!

Anything that doesn't follow manufacturers instructions would mean insurance policy invalidated!

Oh! I see. I never considered that :/ dang!

You'd also have to consider that aspartame (in sweetener) is constantly in the news at the mo as a cause for so many things inc. cancer! Although I don't necessarily believe in it all you wouldn't want to be questioned on it?? X

Its rediculous isn't it. We all have cancer cells, its just a roulette who's will activate and cause a tumour.
http://youtu.be/fFfWykH05Gw
That's a video about the daily mail's list of cancer causes. My advice after watching it, get into bed, stay there and pray for a fast immediate death tonight lol xoxo

Latest posts

Back