Swimming and spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teens1974

Reaction score
Hi All

Just a quickie question if I may

I have been asked to do some spray tans for some people just before they go on holiday

I explained that they still need to protect themselves from the sun, and they will catch the sun through the spray tan but then she asked me if the chlorine in the pool would effect the tan and I was stumped

Can anyone advise please

Many thanks

T x

The chlorine in the pool will eventually strip any spray tan. Advising your client to moisturise daily may help it come off more evenly.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us on 0845 805 3222.
Hope that helps!
Trinitia xxx

Hi! I have regular spray tans, swimm most days & do find the chlorine effects my tan - I would suggest your client invest in a gradual tan - st tropez do one that doubles as an aftersun - I find this helps to avoid the patchy wear off chlorine can cause hth x

The chlorine really strips the tan. I done my tan on the Friday evening and went swimming sat afternoon and it was gone apart from a few patches, I was gutted.

Recommend a good tan mousse or lotion for them to use when they need to top up. Im taking my spray tan machine away with me when I go on hol this year. Won't be seen pale haha especially half naked :)

As far as I know chlorine can act like a bleach for the skin and can even lighten natural tan :o!! That's me in the sea this year!! Haha

Latest posts

Back