Quantcast

Swimming before a spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Dolly6410

Reaction score
i've had a client ask me today if its ok to go swimming in the morning and then have a spray tan late afternoon? will this affect the tan? surely if she has a good shower and uses a plain (non moisturising) shower gel she will be ok?

Dolly6410

Reaction score

hoggers

Reaction score
I think its fine that you can swim before a spray tan, as long as your client follows the correct prep before her tan. :)

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
i wouldn't think it would be a good idea .
i'd say the chlorine could affect the tan.
it is very drying and other chemicals in the pool could affect the colour .

that could be nonsense but i would err on the side of caution .

also from an insurance stance i think it is usually contra indicated within 24 hours either side of the application.

beautydan

Reaction score
If deodorant, perfumes and other body products affect tans, I'm going to go with chlorine not making it look too hot/easy application. Although that's purely my opinion x

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
I went swimming Saturday morning and had a tan that evening obviously I showered a good few hours before and used simple shower gel but it was fine, I did wonder what it would turn out like though. I don't know if it would be the same for everyone x

LucyLashes

Reaction score
I swim 4 times a week, one
Of these is a Sunday morning and I always re spray on a sunday, I just shower properly. Xx

Dolly6410

Reaction score
thank you so much geeks! glad i had some people who have tested it out comment, i too thought of how harsh the chemicals are and maybe would need a few washes to get them off, its a toughy, i might say no for now and test it out myself too! because sometimes telling clients to have a really good shower means nothing and they'll just splash abit of water on themselves, maybe abit of shower gel :lol: thanks again for so many replies

Latest posts