Swimming with nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
Hello Geekers!!

I have a client who's been having her nails enhanced by me since may 07. NO problems at all. Then she was told she had to loose weight which she has done amazingly well..............2 stone so far!!! She also goes swimming every morning. Her nails are loosing colour and lifting alot.
She's just had a gap from swimming for a week, due to an operation, and her nails are fantastic again. She phoned to let me know this morning how good they were ,,, no lifting etc.
Would it be the swimming every day? If so, can she get gloves that would keep the water away from her nails?
Thanks Geeks xxxx

Hi there i realise i could get shot down in flames for suggesting this but i was instructed by my dr as i have Onycholysis ( caused by illness )that i place just a small drop of metholayted (white) spirits under my nail to dry the moisture quickly everytime after i have had my hands unprotected in water. Other experts out there may be able to advise me different but so far the lifting hasn't gotten any worse and there is no yuck under them.

Dany

oh...................

Water only affects nail enhancements IF the moisture is not replaced after the drying effects of the water. I know it sounds funny, but being in water allot does dehydrate the nail product so it does need hydrating again with Solar Oil.

She should apply Solar Oil before and after swimming and REGULARLY 2-3 times per day while she is continuing to swim regularly.

Don't forget that her diet or a drastic change in her diet will also affect her nails. It is this most likely combined with the swimming that is the cause of the problem.

Last edited:
I have a client who swims daily, she has gel nails and has no problems. I guess she's good with the oil . .

Latest posts

Back