Swimming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on a post the other day about a gel coming off in a pool but I`ve been on hols and spent every day in water and been ok with gel and L&P. There may be a bit of trouble with too long in water as we do advise to wear gloves don`t we................As for dieting, our bodies go through all sorts changes during dieting and it must make some difference but apart from my sister who has L&P and been on that diet, I don`t know anyone else that has and my sister always has a bit of lift but nothing major and she doesn`t complain about it

Peppercorn Nails

Reaction score
Can something in swimming pool water cause lifting?
Have any of your clients been or are on the Atkins Diet? - can this cause problems?

Would be interested to know
Dellie

I'm doing Atkins right now and haven't noticed anything unusual on my own nails - I have gel on at the moment. But I will keep an eye on them. What sorts of things should I be looking for?

if you as nail teks are doing your jobs properly (which of course you are!!! :rolleyes: ) - there should be no problem with lifting!! that's like saying that when we have a bath or wash up etc, our nails will lift and we all know that doesn't happen!! Make sure you PREP thoroughly, apply carefully and all should be well!!! ;)

We all know the causes of lifting don't we?

Incomplete or improper prep.
Nails that are too long for the activity level of the client.`(usually the case with clients who go too long between their maintenance appointments.)
Old dried-out product - again lack of client care to blame. To mention a few.

I think too many technicians take responsibility for this problem when generally it is not caused by the technician or a lack of skill, but by clients that do not do any after care and take their enhancements totally for granted.

If a client experiences lifting in the first week after an enhancement service - then I think we could hold our hand up and say it was down to something we (the technician) did (or didn't do). BUT if the problem starts 3 weeks down the line, then either the enhancements have grown too long for the activity level of the nails, or the client is not moisturising with - in my case -SolarOil, or there has been some kind of physical change which is rare like a radical change in diet or health.

Problems with lifting CAN be avoided!!

Water does not cause product to lift. Not moisturising the product after it has been in water does!

There are possibly some products that may not like chlorinated water but frankly they would have to be pretty 'low end' products in my opinion as this would just not be the case with a professional line designed for long wearablilty. And that is what the client wants - long wearability. I would certainly never contemplate using a product that was affected by chlorine!! Can anyone imagine a product like that being a success in the salon? We may not all have private pools in the United Kingdom, but imagine what people would think who live in the countries where pools are a way of life?

We may not all have private pools in the United Kingdom, but imagine what people would think who live in the countries where pools are a way of life?

Good point, hadn't really thought of it like that :rolleyes:

Geeg you have replied to me before regarding lifting - generally I don't have a problem - but this one client (who I have had for about 18months) I just can't sort!! You know what it's like, you try to become a detective and check every possible angle. Really it was just a thought, but thanks for replying.

Dellie

PS. She's been like this pretty much all the way through with about 3 months of good behavious :D over the winter time, hence the link to swimming.

Dellie,

I do understand your frustration and believe it or not sometimes there comes along a client that your product just is not suited to no matter how hard you try to cover all the bases.

When this has happened to me I have resorted to changing the product. If I was using Retention+ I would change to Radical or Fabric# or even try Faze Gel. Sometimes just the change in the chemistry of a product can solve a problem for a client.

You do have to play detective sometimes, as you so rightly say!

Isn't it great that we can offer so many different choices?

Unfortunately I've tried Radical with no luck, however I haven't tried Fabric# - mainly because I've not ordered my white paint on acrylic - so maybe that's my next step.

Thanks Geeg,
Dellie

I think that this could be a way of losing a client :( . If a client keeps having her nails done by a technician and having problems they're probably going to think it's down to that technician and go elsewhere :( :( I'm really worried about the two ladies who I did acrylic sets on on Tuesday because the Bio Sculpture totally didn't work on them. Would like to know how they're getting on with them but are too scared to call in case they give me bad news :oops: :( I'm definitely worried that they'll never use me again if the acrylics don't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back