Switching brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgiakate

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m currently using gel brand gellux with ‘signature ASP LED lamp’ I have had no problem with my gels however gellux states it is a 30 second cure but when only curing for the 30 seconds it is not lasting and beginning to peel so I have been curing for 60 seconds and now have no problems. I have researched and read that gel bottle builder gels are a good brand to use and long lasting, I’m thinking of investing in to that brand instead. Can anyone offer any advice on whether to or not? Also would I need to invest in a new lamp for the gel bottle builders or would I be ok with the one I have? Just want to know if this will be a waste of money or a good spend? Thanks,
any advice/help would be appreciated :) x

Gellux cures with gellux lamp- 30 secs (even the small portable lamp!)
ASP lamp is for ASP gel not gellux.
Yes The gel bottle would need the gel bottle approved lamp.
If you have quite a few gellux gels, why not stick with that and get an appropriate lamp to cure as it will ensure you have no risk to your clients or yourself from a potential undercure.
Gellux is a very strong gel, I trained in them.

Above all , read the first post on the nail forum titled "Why just any old lamp just won't do!) It explains all you need to be aware of with lamp/gel compatabilities.

I agree with everything RosieR said.

With regard to using The Gel Bottle, I would recommend you do some more in-depth research before investing. I believe Trading Standards are investigating after a number of reports of serious onycholysis on clients. Although TGB have refused to admit any liability, I did read a response on another group from the owner/director of the company yesterday where she said they are testing the products in question to see if they can find out why “some” people are experiencing these reactions.

Due to various reasons I lost confidence in the brand a while ago and no longer use it. I will now onlybuse products manufactured in the EU/USA.

Latest posts

Back