Switching to gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eskimonailtech

Reaction score
Hey girls,

My mom's friend is coming in tonight for a pedicure. She would like to switch from her NSS acrylics to Brisa gel. I have never soaked unknown l&p's off before, so I'm not sure how to go about it. And am I good to put gels right on after?

Hey girls,

My mom's friend is coming in tonight for a pedicure. She would like to switch from her NSS acrylics to Brisa gel. I have never soaked unknown l&p's off before, so I'm not sure how to go about it. And am I good to put gels right on after?

Well be warned you could be in for a long night:D I had a client in last week who had NSS acrylics on. It took her 3 hours to soak them off! Her nails where in poor condition afterwards. I sculpted her a set of CND enhancements on and sold her a bottle of solar oil, advising her so use it a least 3 times a day. I kept her nails short and also advised her to come in and see me the following week so I could check her nails. I was going to offer her shellac, but she really wanted the enhancements.
You may have to file most of the acrylic off first and then soak.

okay, will do.

i feel silly asking this, but is it better to use a sandpaper bit or a diamond carbide bit for removing this acrylic?

OOOOOOOMG.

So, all went fairly smoothly. I filed off most of the acrylic and then soaked in acetone while I did her Shellac pedi.

I was absolutely HORRIFIED at the state of her natural nails underneath. I seriously have NEVER seen nails so badly damaged. I was speechless. :suprised: I have never, EVER seen drill lines so deep. And the thin part of her nail plates were soooooo red.

I'm not certain how long her new gels will last, as it was so difficult to tell what was left over acrylic and what was chipped nail and what was her natural nail, but I sent her home with a bottle of solar oil to use. The entire process took 4 hours, but she definitely needed my TLC.

Phew. :zzz:

OOOOOOOMG.

So, all went fairly smoothly. I filed off most of the acrylic and then soaked in acetone while I did her Shellac pedi.

I was absolutely HORRIFIED at the state of her natural nails underneath. I seriously have NEVER seen nails so badly damaged. I was speechless. :suprised: I have never, EVER seen drill lines so deep. And the thin part of her nail plates were soooooo red.

I'm not certain how long her new gels will last, as it was so difficult to tell what was left over acrylic and what was chipped nail and what was her natural nail, but I sent her home with a bottle of solar oil to use. The entire process took 4 hours, but she definitely needed my TLC.

Phew. :zzz:

Oh dear, poor woman. It sounds like you did a great job though so hopefully she will use her solar oil religously and then start to see some improvement. I would have done the same. Sorry I couldn't reply to your post on the drill bit as I don't do my e-file trainig for a couple of weeks. Can't wait for that.:) Finally going to use an e-file after all these years as my wrist and neck are begining to get sore when I'm doing backfills.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back